FS: Intuition mountaineering boot liners

JonMW

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buyer beware, the seller may sell to someone else after agreeing on a sale to you.

I sent 3 PMs, 2 emails, confirmed a price, items, address, sent a phone number, etc.

I mentioned tonight between 6-6:30, maybe later, or tomorrow.

I called at 7, no answer, left a message.

An hour later I got a call saying one of the items was already sold because I hadn't called by 6:30.

Note that I never got a call asking if I was coming or anything.

Your mileage may vary, but that was my experience.

"I mentioned tonight between 6-6:30, maybe later, or tomorrow"

Interesting that you leave out a few minor details...

Of our email exchanges, I sent the last email at 1 pm yesterday confirming 6:30 pm last night since you were vague about which day you wanted to meet. I didn't hear anything back until the 7 pm phone call. You never replied to my last email nor showed up at 6:30 nor expressed any consideration for my time by calling before 6:30 to tell me you were coming later. So how was I supposed to know what was going on? People flake out all the time and express interest in something then change their mind. In the interim someone else called, came over and bought the gaiters.

One simple, short phone call from you would have averted any inconvenience for both of us.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your argument.

I don't want to continue something this small (it's not like anything really bad happened here, they're just gaiters, and nobody ended up injured or imprisoned), but I will add a note, and I understand if you want to comment again on my comments.

I don't think I left anything out, and you didn't show anything I left out.

Your email confirmation sounded more casual, and here it is exactly:

"Tonight is fine around 6:30"

That didn't mean to me it was confirmed and don't be late. It meant it worked for you as a time.

OK, even if you assume that was an airtight scheduled event, I has a half-hour late making the call.

During that half-hour, nobody called me to ask if I was late or what was happening. At that half-hour point, nobody answered when I called them, making me wonder if they were really sitting at home watching the precious 30 minutes tick by.

In fact, I didn't even get a return call for another 60 minutes.

I was never warned that I the deal was off if I ran late.

You are right that people can flake out on deals like this.

Anyway, I don't wish anything bad here, and I am sorry I ran a little late, which I said in my msg and when we talked.