Do all climbers like only heavy metal?

mattp

Don't get me wrong: I like heavy metal. But I have noticed that out of every 10 links to music videos on cc.com, it seems like 9+ of them are links to heavy metal. Occasionally someone will mention that they like classical music but folk music? When was the last time someone here posted that they admired the singing talents of some female vocalist?

Do climbers exclusively listen to metal?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you posting from that lead position, 15 feet above gnar trad scare-for-pro? I think there is a cultural thing going on here that is apart even from taste or even the utility that you suggest: when I'm getting scared on lead I'm not so sure my favorite Rage Against the Machine tract is what I want in my head - to be honest. It is more fitting back at the campsite.

I prefer Rick Ashley. He is great for inspiring you through tough leads. The message "of never desert you" gives me comfort through trying times.

oHg5SJYRHA0

love how the black bartender is groovin to the white boy, yeah right.

i climb and i like all sorts of music. classical to country to metal to jazz. oh and folk too and reggae and african. oh and bluegrass. indian and sufi jeez there's so much cool music out there.

and yeah if i listened to music while climbing (i don't like wearing an ipod: way distracting), and found myself run out, i'd want bach playing.

Don't get me wrong: I like heavy metal. But I have noticed that out of every 10 links to music videos on cc.com, it seems like 9+ of them are links to heavy metal. Occasionally someone will mention that they like classical music but folk music? When was the last time someone here posted that they admired the singing talents of some female vocalist?

Do climbers exclusively listen to metal?

You kids get off my lawn!