Intro Class

nyxlily

I'm going to take an introductory class at Stoneworks, but was wondering if anyone's got any thoughts on them or their classes?

It's the closest gym to me, but I was wondering if it's worth the extra drive to PRG or Club Sport. Actually, it seems like Club Sport is really expensive :P can anyone give me a ball park figure on their membership and if it's worth the cost?

Also, I'm getting into rock climbing mostly for fitness' sake and the beginning course seems ideal to learn the basics, but if I find that I really like it and want to take it to the next level, how does one go about finding a partner to practice with? Or can I solo it? I don't know anyone who climbs - at all. Well, one, but he's more like an acquaintance.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the stoneworks intro class is a great deal. for the portland area, i would recommend that class even if it wasn't the closest gym to you.

you get a free month membership with gear rentals, so you have time to go back and figure out if you're really going to be into it.

regardless of which gym you go to, you can always go back on your own without having a partner. just boulder to get a good workout, and/or meet other people there to trade belays with.

as long as you're friendly and easy-going, some of those people can turn into more regular partners if you stick with it.