[TR] Goose Egg Mountain - Commando Pillar - Grade III - 5.11B 3/12/2008

Trip: Goose Egg Mountain - Commando Pillar - Grade III - 5.11B

Date: 3/12/2008

Trip Report:

Once again, I have found goods other than Vantage. An entertaining, sustained multipitch route up the North Side of Goose Egg Mountain, The Commando Pillar – Grade III, 5.11B. As usual the highlights included not one other person, beautiful scenery, and engaging climbing. A critique might say, STFU Craig, for these places have been relatively unknown and only explored by a select few. Perhaps this very post will inspire hoards of people to Goose Egg and one will have to stand in line to climb the Commando Pillar and the walls other fine routes. But I assure those critiques that there is plenty of rock out there and plenty of places to explore. I’m just trying to throw some things out there to loosen the load on some of the more popular crags. If you’re looking for a little early season alpine adventure, I suggest checking out the east wall on Goose Egg.

DSCN3894.jpg

DSCN3906.jpg

DSCN3909.jpg

DSCN3914.jpg

Gear Notes:

Approximatly 15 quickdraws, Gear to 3 inches

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did that route a couple of years ago. It was a fun route and pretty solid, for goose egg. we did knock one or two large rocks though. did you find any looseness?

we skipped that first pitch so i think it is only 5.10 after that. but overall some decent crack and bolted pitches.