Resole rubber options

jfs1978

Getting the shoes resoled... Just curious if anyone has preferences between Vibram XSV, Stealth C4, and Stealth Onyx (XS Grip, my old stuff, isn't available at this shop). Climbing is mostly at Smith...so tuff and basalt.

Have always climbed in La Sportiva shoes...Vibram only I think. The only time I've climbed on Stealth was in shoes that were two sizes too big...so i hated it. Others swear by it.

Any opinions y'all?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've climbed on all 3 and can barely tell the difference. But I am a fairly mediocre climber. Supposedly Vibram is a little less sticky than C4 but more durable. Onyx is supposed to be as sticky as C4 but also more durable. When I had my Mythos resoled with C4 a few years ago they did feel a bit stickier but I recently got a pair a Miuras and they almost feel like cheating they stick so well and they have the Vibram rubber. I'm on my first resole with the Onyx on another pair so can't say if they last any longer than the C4. One guy working at the shop down by Smith said he was going through C4 soles in a month and that bumped to 3 months with the Onyx. I will say that all 3 are superior to rubber I've experienced with a pair of Boreal and Acopas that I own.