Free Ski Gear

Bronco

Skis:Rossignol (shorter) XC skis w/no bindings, late 80's vintage.

160 cm Elan's w/Tyrollia 170 bindings, early 80's vintage

195 cm Dynastar SL w/Tyrollia 390 bindings, late 80's vintage

Boots:Technica, womens size 8, from the early 80's Salomon SX 90, men's size 9, from late 80's

Raichle RX8, men's size 10, from early 90's

FOR SALE: 195 cm Rossignol DV6 w/Marker M38 bindings, mid - late 90's vintage (hardly used) for $50 or best offer.

Most of the stuff is well used and will goto the dump in the end of February unless somebody here has a use for them. Any suggestions on where I might donate it would be appreciated as well.

I work in the Everett/Lynnwood area and live in Monroe if you want to look at the ski gear sometime soon. smile.gif" border="0

rpmcousa@aol.com

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

itemizing your deductions only pays off if they add up to more than the standard deduction, which is around $4500 bucks this year. so unless you've got other deductions it probably won't be worthwhile. i'd be happy to drop them off for you though, i just saw the accountant today and need to find some more deductions for next year wink.gif" border="0

If Bronco owns a house, which he does(I'm pretty sure) , then he will most likely meet the standard deduction because of his interest paid out on the home loan, then his savings in taxes will be his marginal tax rate, not a straight 1-to-1 reduction of tax payments, but rather a percentage. I think there is a limit that can be reported for non-cash charitable donations, before you may hit where you have to disclose more, like around $400.

TTT [Wazzup]

thanks for all the good advice on taxes you geeky accountants. tongue.gif" border="0 I'm just jealous cause I hate bookeeping and all that paperwork that goes with it.

Anyway, the free stuff is gone to the Volunteers of America but, the Rossi's are still for sale, I looked a little closer at them and they are really nice, mellow curved skis. $50.00

quote:

Originally posted by wdietsch:
Bronco,

Any idea what size boot they have been set for? I might be interested. I wear a 11-1/2

They are adjustable, and if you need to, you can move the bindings. I have done this in the past (not on these) and had no problems despite my best efforts to hammer on the skis. You just fill the old screw holes with epoxy and re mount them where you need them. Someone who works at a ski shop may say different but, thats been my experience. (what do you want for $50?)

I've been told that, as a general rule of thumb, a pair of skis is good for three different sets of holes for binding installations and after that you have drilled so many holes that you have seriously weakened the ski. If you want to move the bindings such that you are putting new holes right next to old ones, I'd be concerened even about a second installation but if not, it is probably OK to do as Bronco suggests.

• 3 years later...