Motor Bikes at Vantage

goatboy

My point is I wouldn't get my panties in a bunch over a dirt bike in the Coulee. Stop and talk with them in a frinedly manner? Sure.

Bet most will take it in the way it is offered.

Now about the rest of you assholes littering, trashing the little vegitation that was there, shitting in every corner of the basalt and making trails all over hell and gone. I got a bone to pick with you.

Not a diversion just the facts. Climbers have indeed trashed more of the Coulee than any, and I do mean any, other user group.

So you might want to "clean up" the dirt bikers but you could spend your time better picking up after your breathren.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is I wouldn't get my panties in a bunch over a dirt bike in the Coulee. Stop and talk with them in a frinedly manner? Sure.

Actually, a friend of mine did say something to them awhile back- he said "you aren't supposed to be riding in this area of the coulee". The response was "FUCK OFFFFFFF!!!!!" as they rode by.

So you might want to "clean up" the dirt bikers but you could spend your time better picking up after your breathren.

I totally agree actually, however, I would say that it's brazen riding in closed areas that will gain the notice of land managers a lot faster and with more urgency than a turd under a rock.

On that note, the parking lot last weekend was FUCKING GROSS. Toilet paper, tampons, maxi pads, and pieces of shit all over the ground next to the portashitters, and a pair of fouled briefs pinned up to the reader board.

Half the time you go to use those shitters, they are reverse crowning. Does the F+W permit cover maintenance of these things?

...Does the F+W permit cover maintenance of these things?

It is my understanding that it does not. The F&W permit is a tool for collecting fees for the WSDF&W, not for providing services to the users of the lands adminstered by the WSDF&W.

Further, it is my understanding that the porta-potties were arranged for and set-up by (and maybe even paid for) the members of the Frecnhman Coulee Climbers Coalition (FCCC), a yahoo group that I think may be (now) defunct, or at least not very active.

• 3 weeks later...

Was at the Coulee today enjoying the amazing sunshine and quiet intermittently penetrated by the sounds of clink, "take", "dude", and "shit". Actually it was a friggen zoo at Sunshine until the afternoon. But thats par for the course when everything west of the passes is drenched.

I thought it was going to be a pleasant day until about 3 PM when I hear, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, whuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, wher, wher, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

Yes, 2 bikes tore it down to below the inside corner of the sunshine area, near the M&M wall. They seemed to be playing a game of who can tear up more soil. They were both winning. I couldnt help but be pissed along with just about everyone else at the crag. Especially the pigeons. I was wishing death on them and warming up my rock throwing arm when I see one of the guys get tossed by a shrub. It was eerily quiet as both bikes shut off. We were all hoping the guy was dead, or at least that his bike was toast, but then he got up. Actually, I felt a bit shameful for wishing death and instead wished a groin injury upon him.

Anyway, I got as close as I could, and shouted down to them whilst waving my arms:

me: Hey dirt bikers. YO DIRT BIKERS!

DOUCHEBIKERS: wHAT?

ME: This area is off limits to bikes. Didnt you read the sign at the trailhead?

douche #1: We have permission from the owner (name incomprehensible) to ride.

ME: who?

douche #2: (name again incomprehensible)

ME: Uh huh.

What else could I say? I was fairly sure they were bluffing. Maybe this land owner has stuff nearby, but some people in this thread seem fairly certain that the area below sunshine is state land. Anyway, I decided against trying to rant on because it only would have pissed them off further and maybe they would stay all day just to be assholes.

Thankfully, they left about 10 to 15 minutes later.

I didnt have the number to report them in my phone (but now I do).

Anyway, I know other people heard the shouting conversation, so if you understood the name they mentioned, please pass it on so we can get to the bottom of this.

Edited by SemoreJugs

Next time you're in the area stop by the County Assessor's Office. They should be able to show you an Assessor's map of the properties out there and you can inquire ownerships or who pays the taxes. It's public information. Some counties have all of that online, but I didn’t anything on their site.

Grant County Assesor

Edited by Mikester

Next time you're in the area stop by the County Assessor's Office. They should be able to show you an Assessor's map of the properties out there and you can inquire ownerships or who pays the taxes. It's public information. Some counties have all of that online, but I didn’t anything on their site.

Kittitas County Assessor

205 W 5th AVE Suite 101

Ellensburg WA 98926

And Kittitas County has exactly what to do with properties in Grant County?

Kittitas County Assessor

205 W 5th AVE Suite 101

Ellensburg WA 98926

And Kittitas County has exactly what to do with properties in Grant County?

Not familiar with the area so I took a shot without double checking. Sorry for the error.

and what does any of this have to do with the price of wheaties?
If there is still question as to who's property it is and where the bikes can legally ride, here's a way to research it. I personally don't climb there or eat Wheaties so I can't answer your question...

i will find it quite humorous if indeed the owner of the property below the crags gave permission.

As I stated earlier, the whine of bikes has been a fixture at the coulee in the past and perhaps it will be again.

When the shotguns of recreators blast some pigeons as well, maybe the fact that the eastside of the Cascade Mountains is truly too redneck for all you wet-siders.

Now about the rest of you assholes littering, trashing the little vegitation that was there, shitting in every corner of the basalt and making trails all over hell and gone. I got a bone to pick with you.

Not a diversion just the facts. Climbers have indeed trashed more of the Coulee than any, and I do mean any, other user group.

Hey Dane,

Sounds like your "panties are not in a bunch" about dirt biking in the Coulee, but you are kinda bunched up when it comes to trashing "vegitation" (sic) and making trails....

Guess what? That's what the dirtbikes actually do.

When you "bet most will take it the way it is offered," what do you bet? Based on the stories offered so far, better make it a small bet, cuz you're gonna lose. Maybe you could bet your bunched-up panties???

As for climbers picking up after each other and other user groups, I agree with you and am all for it too.

There was this luncheon for people who have donated to CWU's scholarship fund. And since I'm on a relatively large scholarship I was sort of obligated to speak about how much its helped me and such. Make them think their money is going to good use...not climbing gear.