Climbing partner (s) for Baker, Adams, and Rainier

DBBattig

I'm looking for a climbing partner (s) who wants to do Baker or Adams or Rainier this Spring/Summer 2008. I've been training for the past year and want to try Rainier in July for the 1st time. I've signed up for RMI's crevasse rescue course on May 18, 2008 and have all the gear. I'd be interested in joining your rope team or form a new one.

Sincerely,

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of signing up for the same class (don't have a date set yet), have all my gear, and want to climb similar mountains. I still don't have a good alpine tent, but can always rent or borrow one... otherwise I'm set. I want to get an enthusiastic start to the season. I have some aquaintances and friends that might be up for this, but I'm looking for someone with similar itchiness to get out there already.

New to the alpine game myself, but have been up Hood a few times and own a pretty bomber two man tent, personal gear, etc. Looking to get up all three of these peaks this season. You have any dates, tentative or solid you're thinking of going up? Adams seems good any day now with the proper weather window, though Rainier is best attempted a little later in the season for first-timers. Don't know much about the Baker season, but a little research would solve that. Check your PM's and we can set something up.

Hello all. I am actually signed up for the crevasse rescue class on May 18th and looking at climb this summer with a couple of friends. I have been a up Rainier a coule of time, but no expert by any means. So I am looking for some more climbers to head up with us. Anyone interested?

Edited by Joe Ranger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Joe,

I'm also signed up for the May 18 glacier travel and crevasse rescue course with RMI. I'm planning to take my newly developed skills to climb Mt Baker Memorial weekend.

Interested? Look forward to meeting you on the 18th.

Darryl Battig

day 206-318-7212

Hi, when are you doing Rainier.. any dates?

I'll be at Rainier National Park on 13th July 2008. And I intend to spend the next couple of days summitting Rainier, exploring some of the more technical routes. Will leave Rainier park either on 17 or 18 July back to Seattle.

Let me know your plans.

• 3 weeks later...