PDX / Wed - 3/5

JosephH

I'd love to but will be stuck at home with the wee ones. Maybe my 2 year old can give a belay?

Stuck? I love hanging out with my son.

Yeah, stuck at home. I love my kids but get a bit couped up, especially during nap time when I can't go outside but for a few minutes before I need to come back in and make sure they are still napping. We did have a great hike up Beacon this morning and a nice pic-a-nic lunch on top. we do that routine at least once or twice a week. They also love to go play on the docks down at the boat launch. Sure wish I could get a few pitches in now that it's nap time though. Guess I'll go shovel dog shit instead so I can get the lawn mowed later today. Maybe even do some work, on second thought, it's way to nice outside to work from my computer.

Dave, you are a good man for taking on this responsibility considering in general men are not wired to stay at home with the kiddies. Just my two pennies*

they are if the women of the house are the bread winners.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to but will be stuck at home with the wee ones. Maybe my 2 year old can give a belay?

Yeah, stuck at home. I love my kids but get a bit couped up, especially during nap time when I can't go outside but for a few minutes before I need to come back in and make sure they are still napping. We did have a great hike up Beacon this morning and a nice pic-a-nic lunch on top. we do that routine at least once or twice a week. They also love to go play on the docks down at the boat launch. Sure wish I could get a few pitches in now that it's nap time though. Guess I'll go shovel dog shit instead so I can get the lawn mowed later today. Maybe even do some work, on second thought, it's way to nice outside to work from my computer.

Dave, you are a good man for taking on this responsibility considering in general men are not wired to stay at home with the kiddies. Just my two pennies*

they are if the women of the house are the bread winners.

She actually wins the benefits more than the bread but it's all good.

Thanks PC, but it's really a matter of logistics more than anything. I work from home a lot and my wife works full time. That leaves me playing mr. mom on most weekdays.

I work from home too, but try to mix it up by going the office so I dont go stir crazy. (I believe we are in the same market) Add kids to this.... I couldn't do it ;)

Thanks PC, but it's really a matter of logistics more than anything. I work from home a lot and my wife works full time. That leaves me playing mr. mom on most weekdays.

I work from home too, but try to mix it up by going the office so I dont go stir crazy. (I believe we are in the same market) Add kids to this.... I couldn't do it ;)

It certainly ain't easy but also has it's own rewards. The biggest challenge is trying to run a business with 2 wee ones in the back ground. I do go stir crazy though! Heading to Ozone today for a few hours of respite.

have fun at the zone! try and forget about this $hitty market while you are out there ;)
Still slow for you too eh? I just kinda stopped working as much but now is the time to pick it up for the selling season.

busy but on a lower scale. I expected March would have picked up more by now. at least the phone is ringing- when that stops then we have a problem.

I thought you hated that place Joseph! About noon I'd heard that the weather was going to be wet for this weekend and with some office encouragement got the hell out for the afternoon. It worked out OK as I just wanted to be getting my freak on alone anyway.

Man, it would have been a great day at Beacon.

:wave:

Yeah, if it were open - and trust me, no one wants it open more than I do. But it isn't and for day trips that means Rocky, Broughton, or the PRG-O. I don't hate the place, I just don't care much for the rock and I wouldn't have done things the way they were done. But, I've been out there a few times with Jim and Larry and enjoyed myself.

And hey, I'm glad it's there and that you guys promoted it so well and widely - it takes a lot of pressure off Beacon. Once Beacon opens nothing makes me happier than to drive by a bunch of cars at Ozone only to find I have Beacon entirely to myself or that there are only a couple of other folks out.

[ Note: A word to the wise, though, don't f#ck with those survey markers or stakes - that's a well-funded effort by folks and agencies you don't want to piss off lest they piss right back on you far harder. ]

[ Note: A word to the wise, though, don't f#ck with those survey markers or stakes - that's a well-funded effort by folks and agencies you don't want to piss off lest they piss right back on you far harder. ]

I've got that figured out. The flags are a WDOT project where they are spending almost $10 million in 2 phases to widen the road through there to straighten it out a bit, make it safer, wider and handle the load better. They are starting the surveying and land acquisition now and the construction will be in 2010.

I have not heard or seen of anyone messing with any of the tags.....hopefully no one does.

i'm lean and mean my friend. shoulders back in shape, started climbing and working out instead of drinking and hittin the pipe. i even dropped 10-15 pounds, i' frickin pink in the middle and want work to tone down so i can get on some business.