funny instructional videos

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMFG. I only watched the first one and couldn't believe what I was watching. It'd be funny if it was meant to humorous, but this guy's serious. He certainly isn't AMGA-certified. It's gotta be said for the few who read this board that don't have a clue: this guy's an idiot and shouldn't be taken seriously. I'll save the real criticism for for those here who certainly know better.

FWIW, here's his website: http://climbonadventures.com/aboutus.aspx

Apparently, you can get paid a little more than beer money if you register as an "expert" and provide your video spiel at this site: http://www.expertvillage.com/

Avi, how'd you find this one?

the information about insurance is awesome!

Liability Waiver

Due to the dangerous nature of the sport, insurance is not an option. A relaese of liabilty must be signed and returned before any trips commence.

In reality, insurance is an option (actually a requirement for operation on public lands) for guide services, albeit it is expensive.

Good news from RC.com:

So I called up the guy in the video. He is a nice guy. Here is the scoop: He created Climb On Adventures to take some friends on a few trips. He hasn't really "guided" since. He has no formal training and is only going off of what was taught to him. I know I used a lot of the same techniques when I first started climbing, many years ago. I have since learned the folly of my ways after many years of experience and formal training from the AMGA.

An acquaintance of his is a film maker for Expert Village and got him to make these videos. Expert Village also is responsible for the poor wording of the titles, such as chalks vs. chocks. They were merely transposing what the thought they heard.

He has petitioned Expert Village (who uploaded the videos to You Tube) to remove most of them. Now it is in their hands. By only bashing this guy, we have have shown a bad side of the climbing community.

Whether climbing recreationally, or guiding, we are a small community and should be supportive of each other. This guy would have thought we were all just a bunch of jerks and not done anything if someone hadn't actually talked with him.

well done....the videos are still funny though, sorry.