"Past 24 hours" Menu Item

olyclimber

Now omits spray, for a clean climbing/skiing topic experience. If you're into having spray in your life you can still access it under the "Past X days" items under "Quick Links".

Or you can just bookmark the following (you'll need to be logged into the board to use the bookmark, just like you normally do to use search functions):

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/dosearch/topic/1/fromsearch/1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rob, I can't believe how much this is bothering you. The point is not in hiding spray but in making climbing/skiing easier to find. Spray is all in one place, in Spray. Climbing/skiing has ~30 categories. When I type 'casc' into the URL bar the first item is the full search. I press down once and bingo, it's spray city.

It could have been implemented some other way but really is there any difference? Just reprogram you muscle memory and it's still the same.

Stop it with the drama. I gave you a couple options above for getting exactly what you had before. In fact, most options for viewing Active Posts are still including spray topics.

You know how to get to spray. This is a climbing board!

I'm glad it's staying, even if I have to press an extra button for it. If the site was only for climbing posts, I'm afraid I wouldn't have very much to say. :cry:

I can see why this is important to Rob. Spray serves a purpose; it's a way for folks that share a common interest to stay connected while they are not out participating in that common interest. I'd go so far as to say that it creates community. Albeit a disturbingly dysfunctional one. :eek:

Porter, you guys do an incredible job keeping this place together. I know we're in good hands, whatever the changes.

Edited by Sherri

Climbing/skiing has ~30 categories.

Why mention skiing? I thought this was cascadeCLIMERS.com! I agree with Rob. What is the point of hiding spray? Spray is about having a good time and some folks on here are down right witty and funny. There is no problem with that IMO. Folks seem to keep spray out of the other forums and when they dont the moderators do there best to clean it up.....

Do whatever you want, Porter. It wont' slow anybody down to use "past 48 hours" under "quick links" and if you think it makes the site more attractive to "serious" browsers or whatever not to have the spray threads mixed in with "past 24 hours" that's fine. For anyone who has or may become a regular visitor, I think it is the content that matters more than the navigation structure.

Do whatever you want, Porter. It wont' slow anybody down to use "past 48 hours" under "quick links" and if you think it makes the site more attractive to "serious" browsers or whatever not to have the spray threads mixed in with "past 24 hours" that's fine. For anyone who has or may become a regular visitor, I think it is the content that matters more than the navigation structure.

What or who is a "serious brower"?

Why mention skiing? I thought this was cascadeCLIMERS.com!

Actually if you study much of the history of NW climbing you'd find that a very high percentage of climbers skied in the backcountry. In the modern age some people solely focus on crag climbing, but that does not represent all climbers.

Stop it with the drama. I gave you a couple options above for getting exactly what you had before. In fact, most options for viewing Active Posts are still including spray topics.

You know how to get to spray. This is a climbing board!

drama? Shit, just talking my mind. It seems silly to me, is all. I don't remember crying about it. But whatever, everyone else seems happy so what do I know? :tup:

I know it's a climbing site. Spray and climbing go hand in hand is all I'm saying.

Rob, you were too crying and we both know it. I know you're a SprayDreamBeliever AND and homecoming queen. Thats why, to ease your transition, I made a 24 hours with spray on the right. Just for you though, no one else can use it. its because i love and respect you brother.

Oh, and it might go away at any moment if we need that box for something else ;).

i do prefer the new sprayless 24 hour menu item. it makes the site seem so "climber-like"!