"Past 24 hours" Menu Item

olyclimber

Why mention skiing? I thought this was cascadeCLIMERS.com!

Actually if you study much of the history of NW climbing you'd find that a very high percentage of climbers skied in the backcountry. In the modern age some people solely focus on crag climbing, but that does not represent all climbers.

Yup, skiing is a part of climbing, and climbing a part of skiing, especially in the Cascades. They are integral to each other; skiing plays a huge role in the Cascades mountaineering history. Not sure how a true Cascades climber can be ignorant of the importance of skiing in regard to climbing and simply being in the Cascades. That said, there are certainly some alpine and ice climbers who don't ski, and even more rock climbers who don't. Kevbone, here's one site that may help the awareness of a Cascades ignoramus: Alpenglow

And a BIG THANKS, Lowell, to you and your family for all you've done and continue to do. :tup:

Oh, and :pagetop: AND thanks Hafilax and Porter for making this change.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rob... Thats why, to ease your transition, I made a 24 hours with spray on the right. Just for you though, no one else can use it. its because i love and respect you brother.

Rob has a secret button. Kewl. :cool:

Can I play with it sometime?

ummm people, get over yourselves.

this is a climbing site. spray isn't going away. it'll be right there for all of us naughty sprayers.

the idea is to keep the climbing portion of the site more readily accessible to those who aren't here to spray. and really, whats wrong w/more climbing talk?

sure there's more posts in spray than anywhere else. that's b/c of the diversity of topics. how much can we really talk about climbing all day every day? don't worry, its envitable new posters to the site will find spray. its hard to avoid.

you'd think somebody took your favorite toy away.

the idea is to keep the climbing portion of the site more readily accessible to those who aren't here to spray.

More accessible? I question this. If those who don’t want to spray……try not clicking on a spray thread. Seems simple enough.

the idea is to keep the climbing portion of the site more readily accessible to those who aren't here to spray.

More accessible? I question this. If those who don’t want to spray……try not clicking on a spray thread. Seems simple enough.

I question whether you "get it".

Often, before the change, when one looked at the "Past 24 hours" page, it was dominated by Spray posts: not conducive to access to climbing topics.

Stop it with the drama. I gave you a couple options above for getting exactly what you had before. In fact, most options for viewing Active Posts are still including spray topics.

You know how to get to spray. This is a climbing board!

Spray addicts can easily still get to what they want. Any threads with new posts are marked in yellow. I you spend your life in spray, just click on the spray link and you'll see all the topics with recent posts in yellow, along with a timestamp showing when the last post was submitted to the thread.

Porter: ignore the whining. Good job!

Why mention skiing? I thought this was cascadeCLIMERS.com!

Actually if you study much of the history of NW climbing you'd find that a very high percentage of climbers skied in the backcountry. In the modern age some people solely focus on crag climbing, but that does not represent all climbers.

Yup, skiing is a part of climbing, and climbing a part of skiing, especially in the Cascades. They are integral to each other; skiing plays a huge role in the Cascades mountaineering history. Not sure how a true Cascades climber can be ignorant of the importance of skiing in regard to climbing and simply being in the Cascades. That said, there are certainly some alpine and ice climbers who don't ski, and even more rock climbers who don't. Kevbone, here's one site that may help the awareness of a Cascades ignoramus: Alpenglow

And a BIG THANKS, Lowell, to you and your family for all you've done and continue to do. :tup:

Oh, and :pagetop: AND thanks Hafilax and Porter for making this change.

Agreed with 'pindude'.

I welcome the change. Thanks!! Easier to find what I am looking for whether it be climbing, skiing, weather, access issues, etc. Weeding through loads of SPAY gets annoying.... Just my two pennies. Besides, it's still one click away :)

i'd like to know how many people use the "past 24 hours" button anyway? i seldom do.

Never. Until this whole thing came up. And I still don't. I liked K-cubed's comment about following the yellow-highlighted icons. Seems simple enough to me.

i'd like to know how many people use the "past 24 hours" button anyway? i seldom do.

I like it. If there are some active threads I'm following, it is a good quick way to see whether there's anything new. I find it handy to have "past 24" (w/out spray) and "past 48" (with).