Rack Simulator

Irish Guy

For the climber's inner nerd. Spadout has an updated rack simulator that allows you to "build" your rack with active/passive pro and biners. After you enter in what gear you have, it'll show you the ranges of your pro and how many pieces cover that range, as well as weight of your total rack - as well as the money you've dropped on your rack (using msrp prices).

It's great for deciding what ranges you're missing when shopping for new gear, or where the bulk of your rack is.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen this before, I've always thought it was kind of stupid. I prefer to find missing pieces in my rack during moments of intense personal anguish and physical exhaustion.

This seems akin to people who monitor and graph their heart rates. I guess it make sense, but I really don't care enough to get my geek on. :nurd:

Rack simulators of all kinds are, by their very nature, less than satisfying.

I mean, wtf, when I want to size up and fondle any kind of rack, I like having it right at my side where I can get my hands and fingers on every little nub, spring, sinew, curve, and detail. Not knowing how it actually feels on me, reaching for it, or even momentarily putting that littlest nubbish piece in my mouth in the midst of a delicate placement just seems wrong. Or is it just that I'm generationally ancient and still addicted to endorphins derived of physical rather than virtual stimulation.

Call me stupid - but when something or someone is going down - I know which side of the simulation vs. stimulation divide I'm going to be on every time.

Rack simulators of all kinds are, by their very nature, less than satisfying.

I mean, wtf, when I want to size up and fondle any kind of rack, I like having it right at my side where I can get my hands and fingers on every little nub, spring, sinew, curve, and detail. Not knowing how it actually feels on me, reaching for it, or even momentarily putting that littlest nubbish piece in my mouth in the midst of a delicate placement just seems wrong. Or is it just that I'm generationally ancient and still addicted to endorphins derived of physical rather than virtual stimulation.

Call me stupid - but when something or someone is going down - I know which side of the simulation vs. stimulation divide I'm going to be on every time.

:lmao: