Cascade Climbers Pub Club 1st meeting

Beck

Hear, hear, ladies and gents(although i use that term loosly on this site)- the first meeting of the Cascade Climbers "We're drinkin' now" Pub Club is called to order tommorrow, Tuesday July 10th commencing 5:30 pm on the deck at the Roanoke Tavern, Mercer Island. Your event will be cohosted by the first two climbers that were able to pull this plan togther. Remember, the party doesn't start unless you get there-

Climber type attire appreciated, or just look for the surliest,least cultured table in the place!

[This message has been edited by Beck (edited 07-09-2001).]

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well beck, do you think any of these homers are going to show up for a brewski or what? It should be a good time had by all, I think beck mentioned he was buying the first round, last one to show up buys the rest wink.gif See you there!

Mercer Island? frown.gif I like to cut down trees on MI, but thats the only good thing I can think about the place. I spent my first 18 years in the burbs where I developed a strong hate for them. I can't think of anything as lame as a bar in the suburbs. Should we all wear Izod shirts and talk about our old frats. Will they let us in the bar if we don't drive a BMW.

I'm up for meeting for beers, but try someplace west of the lake.

Far from me to be a party-whiner...but some of us folk down in lesser-developed Tacoma (Gateway to Mt. Rainier!) might prefer someplace a little more proletarian and perhaps a bit closer to home. I fraternize with a couple of groups with a wider Puget Sound membership and we try to meet half-way sometimes: Southcenter, Federal Way, that sort of thing, or rotate, so the Southerners don't have to do so much routefinding. (And if we pass too many bars along the way, we're never gonna make it!) I 'spect that the readers of this list are scattered to and fro, but do what you must. It sounds like a great time! You probably won't be seeing me on Mercer Island unless it's raining....or unless they's got Mickey's on tap, and serve it up in small, wide-mouthed green bottles! Ya never knows, though!

aloha! - Dwayner

Whining?

I would say that a party with one days notice in a out of the way spot is not great planning. I for one have a prior plans. I appreciate someone taking charge, but one weeks notice would be much better. Also like Dwayner said lots of folks live in Tacoma, so a location south of Seattle off I-5 would be much better.

Tacoma, Burien, White Center, Midway, Federal Way, and South Seattle are all good spots. I don't know any bars there, but I'm sure they are better than Mercer Island.

Now if the Air Force would just give me a fuel-air bomb or two we could clean up that area east of the lake. grin.gif

Maybe we should reschedule since the allstar game is tonight, it's going to be crazy traffic, I would rather come down on Thurs. Maybe we could find a place in Seattle so all those that hate the burbs don't have to be intimidated or whatever the problem seems to be. It's amazing folks just can't meet for a beer without bitching about the location, loose your hangups folks.

Sorry to hear everyone's making it into such a big deal! For those of you who have OBVIOUSLY NOT BEEN to the Roanoke,it's the oldest business on MI, since 1914, and feels like an old clubhouse- dark wood, no pretense, big windows, huge porch and back deck. I picked it IN the spirit of solidarity as it IS located in a central location for east or southsiders.I don't live in the burbs, I picked it as it's a real nice bike ride across the water to it- come on you guys, quit your griping about a couple people pulling togther something positive and go be angry in traffic or something. Hope some happy types can make it, this is all in the spirit of fun and not an ego-shooting gallery.

[This message has been edited by Beck (edited 07-10-2001).]

Hey Dwayner,

What do you think of the Whistle Stop Pub in Renton? Ever heard of it? It's southend, lot's of good micro brus, pool table, and I think a good compromise for T Towners vs. Belllevue / Seattle folks. Just a thought.

Do you know of any good bouldering around Tacoma where we could meet? A beer and a boulder session sounds good to me.

Beck, cheers to you for getting this started. Do you think the bar will be overcrowded tonight? I have a feeling Lisa is right and it will be standing room only.