Nader/Paul Ticket!

Fairweather

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No way. They are both honest and genuine people who speak like a normal person, not a cliche-based politician. I feel like they probably both respect each other's commitment to principles and intellectual honesty.

However, Paul's world-view starts with the premise that the federal government does very few things well, and hence should do very few things. He believe that the federal government should exist primarily to preserve freedoms and liberty, and that more power or authority given to a central administration paves the way to abuses of power. (See Bush Adm. 2001-2009)

Nader basically starts from the assumption that unregulated market choices of buyers and sellers will create bad social conditions, and these conditions should be corrected prevented through federal government intervention.

They agree on common sense issues like: Cuban Embargo, Drug War, corporatism/subsidies, government transparency, limited foreign military involvement, secret prisons, and Habeus Corpus.

Edited by Blake

i think nadar is just as much a egomaniac as all the others. just because he cloaks himself in rhetoric that appeals to young, disillusioned 420ers does not change the fact that he is not electable and therefore will only seek to drain away votes from the Dems. and eventhough it looks positive now, i am sure by the time Nov rolls around every vote will be needed. and then again i could just hold a grudge since i blame him in large part for 8 fucking years of W. i think paul is a straight-shooter (well as much as someone on the repub tick can be) that is offering some thoughtful commentary and not just wanting to see his name in print and his picture on the news. nadar has sold out in my opine.