Broken ribs-How to Workout

skyclimb

Hey everyone!

I broke some ribs skiing a few days ago, and am going fawking crazy just sitting around. I broke them on the left side right under the pectoral muscle. I am curious what exercises you all have found can be done without prolonging the injury?

Thanks for the suggestions,

Nick

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything that doesn't hurt too bad. Common injury in some circles. But not much you are going to do now that will slow healing. Just stay off the pain killers which should slow you down some. And don't risk any more trauma like hitting a tree or something. They do hurt though, don't they :)

i don't know how bad yours are but when i cracked mine last summer it sucked pretty badly but i was able to do most things, just more slowly for the first couple of days. the minor trauma happened and i fully broke them and a hell of time doing anything after that including sleeping.

as said before, don't risk additional trauma.

Edited by minx

Hey everyone!

I broke some ribs skiing a few days ago, and am going fawking crazy just sitting around. I broke them on the left side right under the pectoral muscle. I am curious what exercises you all have found can be done without prolonging the injury?

Nick

Nick, cus i love you tons and care about your well being i am going to try to say this with out using my mom voice.

sit your ass down and chill out for a while....

if you can't do that maybe get some of those hand sqeezey thingers.

Dude,

I really feel your pain. Rib injuries are the worst. You can't even fart with out it hurting a ton.

I really don't want to sound like a dad but I will say this anyway, liten to Muffy, she is right you know.

furhter agrivation, expressed as pain, will only prolong the injury. if you continue to agrivate it then it will NEVER heal, and you will have sore ribs for the rest of your LIFE!

you just got to let them heal. I've broken my ribs multiple times and after taking forever to heal the second time due to continued training, the doctor said not to do any heavy breathing or movements in ways which agrivate the area. It sucks, but you really need to just relax and let them heal.

Edited by dave repnik

Hey everyone!

Nick

Nick, cus i love you tons and care about your well being i am going to try to say this with out using my mom voice.

sit your ass down and chill out for a while....

if you can't do that maybe get some of those hand sqeezey thingers.

that sounds auto erotic...

I had the same thing 3 years ago.

All I found that didn't kill was light cardio and LIGHT resistance training. I spent a lot of time on machines exercising anything that didn't hurt like shit. Smith machine squats worked out OK too....again, you just can't lift as heavy as you'd like for a few weeks.

Just go experiment! If it kills, STOP. If not, why not??