Denny's on 15th and Market--Landmark?

marylou

At first I was against it, but the more I learn about it, the more I support the idea. It's my understanding that it's Googie bones are still there underneath the Dennyfication of the building. I think it should be saved.

Perhaps a reasonable compromise would be to allow the developer to get a few stories past the height restriction or something similar. I don't think it's fair that they get stuck with the bill without somehow compensating them.

I've always liked the roofline of that building and I'd love to see it returned to its former glory. The city's Landmark Commission is ruling on it this afternoon.

Here are some fun examples of Googie, including our own Science Center and Space Noodle:

Googie Central

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They just need to get rid of the Denny's sign on the front and do some other restoration and it'll be a lot nicer.

Too bad they aren't going to demo all the neighboring condos and bring in a bunch of replacement crusty Norwegians while they're at it.

Hell, get rid of all those fancy pants new places on Ballard Ave. and bring back the old Ballard Hardware. :tup: