Ethical Question?

selkirk

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now i'm convinced.... you really are stupid.

the point is not that there was something inherently wrong the actual taking of the picture (which is why she didnt say anything at the time - although it was a bit weird), the point is the POSTING of the picture - and the subsequent request for its removal.

And, as a side note, copyright laws have nothing to do protecting the subjects of art, but, rather are instituted for the protection of the creator (i.e. have nothing to do with this discussion).

If you ever wondered where to find assholes, now you know. Later, man.

When I posted my photo online during that one thread and got a zillion negative and belittling comments, I requested that it be removed. I've never done that before and never would have expected it. But then again, I've never been at the receiving end of so many horrible, objectifying, judgmental comments directly related to my appearance. I can empathize with the woman whose picture was put up here. Hell, she didn't even put her own up and had to weather all that bullshit.

Heckling each other is one thing, but treating each other like shit when we can see their faces on our forum is unacceptable. I have pretty low standards, but at least I can agree to this one.

Minx--good on you or on whatever mod removed the gal's pic. :tup:

Agree with you there.

I'm convinced that if we knew each others identities there would be a hell of a lot less anonymous pussies hiding behind their computers yelling, screaming, being mean and rude and generally acting like stupid spoiled children with no repercussions or consequences. It's one of the things that sometimes yanks my chain as well.

An occasional ass-kicking would straighten out the rare jackass who then stepped out of line.

I don't see this issue as an ethical question. Live life by the Golden Rule, not the Golden Shower Rule. It was fine to post a pic of some anonomys attractive girl (I never even saw it), it was asked to be and was removed. No issues or worries. I'm glad it was. We should treat others how we'd like to be treated....

Hmmmm, Ok, maybe better.

Cya all

Bill

i just want to point out that for all the drama and vitriole this topic seems to have inspired, there's really only one or two people having a fit b/c the picture was removed. all of the support has made it seem like a bigger problem than it was.

thanks for all of the good comments though :)

Glasgow kiss = head butt (not sure if glassgowkiss is a typo or more clever than I am)

Is there any surprise that he's into a fight?

Maybe he got a Glasgow smile as a youth (AKA Chelsea smile).

(Warning: graphic image that may turn stomachs)

joker.jpg

Gary: might the content of the photo, along with other factors related to the context in which it appears, also have something to do with it?

This is the last post I read on this thread; but it prompted me to speak up.

When I posted my photo online during that one thread and got a zillion negative and belittling comments, I requested that it be removed. I've never done that before and never would have expected it. But then again, I've never been at the receiving end of so many horrible, objectifying, judgmental comments directly related to my appearance. I can empathize with the woman whose picture was put up here. Hell, she didn't even put her own up and had to weather all that bullshit.

Heckling each other is one thing, but treating each other like shit when we can see their faces on our forum is unnacceptable. I have pretty low standards, but at least I can agree to this one.

Minx--good on you or on whatever mod removed the gal's pic. :tup:

I recall it was Seahawks who started throwing shit on you over your pic.

And, as he often portrays himself to be a pitiable, shallow-conscienced, loosed accident from early attempts at vegetable genetic modification, it was easily understood.