Ethical Question?

selkirk

Rudy- since when voicing your opinion that you don't like something is confrontational? i think waay more confrontational is releasing your guard dog boyfriend 3 days after the fact. my advice for both of them is just to friggin grow up and act like adults. shit kickers i can deal with. it's the wining little clownpunchers that are real gem to deal with. hippies are not funny- they suck! and this whole issue is just your proof.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bob, why don't you post up some images of YOUR wife and then sit back and not go ballistic.

first of all my wife would most certainly say something if she did not want her picture taken. secondly she would not ask me to deal with this situation. and third of all- she has more common sense then to behave like a dumb-ass hippie and do yoga in a middle of a crowded crag.

Bob is right and I won't add anything.

If I have days I don't like my face and my ass he knows I won't agree for taking pictures of me. No exceptions.

You just really like to be a dick, don't you, glassgowkiss?? Let me clear some stuff up for you...

All I did was ask that the picture be removed (since she DOESN'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT) - as she wasn't a fan of the idea of a photo being posted, publicly on a forum for a bunch of wankers (such as yourself) to comment on. Which is exactly what happened, and is continuing to happen. Is that so hard to understand??

Simple as that. I asked for it to be removed, and the moderator removed the photo. It has nothing to do with confrontation, nor does it have anything to do with myself or her not acting like an adult. Being a weird-ass on the crag, taking pictures of strangers is one thing - posting them on the internet is another...

Hippie? WTF? Where are you fools getting all this?? HAHA. It's like you're playing this big-ass game of telephone, and all the opinionated, drama-loving big-mouths are at the end of the line.

And 3 days?? It was the same god damn day that I responded. Guard dog?? I simply asked that the photo be removed. Grow up?? You're the puberty riddled teenager continuing to (3 days later?!) squeeze as much drama out of the situation as is e-possible.

So, let's just chill. Because 6 pages is far too much to have dedicated to this non-situation.

bob, why don't you post up some images of YOUR wife and then sit back and not go ballistic.

first of all my wife would most certainly say something if she did not want her picture taken. secondly she would not ask me to deal with this situation. and third of all- she has more common sense then to behave like a dumb-ass hippie and do yoga in a middle of a crowded crag.

If I have days I don't like my face and my ass he knows I won't agree for taking pictures of me. No exceptions.

so...miss piggy, let's play some Extrapolation...let's suppose that I take your pic and unbeknownst to you, post it here and start in on the lewd comments...whatcha gonna do??

huh?

what's so hard to comprehend? is it the concept of personal responsibility?

man, you are fucking dense...Personal Responsibility for a stranger posting one's pic? She didn't put it up here...some assclown did...so how is she responsible???

you dumbfuck...this is apples and oranges...why the fuck do you care anyways? A gal asks to have her picture taken down (THAT SHE DIDN'T POST) and you have a fuckin' cow over it?? Why are you such a selfrighteous tool all the fuckin' time??

so...miss piggy, let's play some Extrapolation...let's suppose that I take your pic and unbeknownst to you, post it here and start in on the lewd comments...whatcha gonna do??

and you can bet your bottom dollar that if i start ripping you, bob's gonna get all offended and huffy and cause a stink...

well it the same type of people that need a pad on the back for showing up to work and doing their job. go figure- like the paycheck is not enough? it's the same mentality and logic.

you know Bob, I haven't been able to say this in a long time but sometimes i luv you! you totally RULE!

speaking ones mind is not a "confrontation" it is how you let people know what you got going on in there

and it drives me crazy when people think they deserve more than a pay check for showing up at work.

on both fronts, kowtowing to those week minded individuals is what is destroying this country and humanity in general.

So, let's just chill. Because 6 pages is far too much to have dedicated to this non-situation.

you should of thought of that before you rudely demanded the pic be removed. I read the PM you sent. you did NOT simply "ask" had you simply asked this would not have been blown out of proportion. had your girlfriend not freaked about something that has probably happened 100 times already (her picture being on the internet on any number of sites unless she lives in a cave) this would have all gone away and been a NON ISSUE.

speaking ones mind is not a "confrontation" it is how you let people know what you got going on in there

isn't that exactly what the dude did? geez! and wasn't he blasted for being confrontational instead of 'simply asking'

full circle, you guys just need mutual stroking, eh.

i imagine if the girlfriend would have signed up for an account just to ask for picture removal, she'd have been blasted for one reason or another.

isn't that exactly what the dude did? geez! and wasn't he blasted for being confrontational instead of 'simply asking'

i imagine if the girlfriend would have signed up for an account just to ask for picture removal, she'd have been blasted for one reason or another.

he didn't just ask though he was an ass about it. if he had just asked Trashy prolly would of just taken it down and put up something different from the weekend. you know i doubt she would have been blasted becuase i doubt it would have been made public. if she would have posted and said "Hey my name is sally and that photo you posted is of me. I really am not comfortable with my pic being on cc.com, would you please take it down?" all would have been well.

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

I bet if she would have PM'd Tvash (he posted the COMPLETELY non-lewd photo in the first place, right?) he woudl have taken it down, if asked politely. Tvash is actually a fairly allright guy, despite the fact that he hangs out with me from time to time -- a personality flaw for which his wife has yet to break him of.

I bet if she would have PM'd Tvash (he posted the COMPLETELY non-lewd photo in the first place, right?) he woudl have taken it down, if asked politely. Tvash is actually a fairly allright guy, despite the fact that he hangs out with me from time to time -- a personality flaw for which his wife has yet to break him of.

Ya!

he didn't just ask though he was an ass about it. if he had just asked Trashy prolly would of just taken it down and put up something different from the weekend. you know i doubt she would have been blasted becuase i doubt it would have been made public. if she would have posted and said "Hey my name is sally and that photo you posted is of me. I really am not comfortable with my pic being on cc.com, would you please take it down?" all would have been well.

ok, so he DID have a backbone...

again.. full circle

ok, so he DID have a backbone...

again.. full circle

a) that was not in any way his fight to fight.

b) you always ask nice the first time

c) being an ass hole does not mean you have a back bone

period.

btw i can do the circular argument thing all month.

this is one of those issues where there is not a black and white "answer" all parties behaved poorly including the people who were making so called lewd comments. and perhaps me as well for continuing this conversation.

however the question does bare asking... when is it okay to take a photo and post it? when someone doesn't see you? is it okay to put it on your personal web site? cus that shit happens all the time. and the better climber you are the more likely it is to happen. where do we draw the line as a community? do we kick the shit out of turnons for taking photos of us doing something they will never do? what do you think?

when is it okay to take a photo and post it? when someone doesn't see you? is it okay to put it on your personal web site?

use judgement and be tastefull...the picture and it's posting were tastefull IMO...the 1st reply to it WAS NOT tastefll

do we kick the shit out of turnons for taking photos of us doing something they will never do? what do you think?

remember, ask nicely first if the picture taking is bothersom. i've taken pictures of other climbers and asked if they minded and i've also had my picture taken by other and told them i didn't mind. no big deal. as i'm sure neither resulted in a "i'll fertilize the eggs" response.