Ethical Question?

selkirk

FW, we appear to have a composite stalker. Tvash snapped the photo, but it was Ivan's stream of consciousness Beowulf recitation and free associospeak that tweaked someone's creep detector. Simon, that you freely describe them as "weirdos" says a little more about you than it does about them, given that both individuals are well known around here.

I think a nice little private note, something along the lines of "Tvash, my girlfriend is a little weirded out having her picture posted on the net, could you take it down?" would have gotten it done without the public foofraw, but this has been much more diverting for the cubicle monkeys that make up our core user group. Being as how this is the internet, it's best to not take things personally as a first reaction. If Glassgowkiss calls you a clownpuncher and tells you to fuck off, well that pretty much puts you on par with everyone else around here. Look on the bright side, you've more than doubled your post count with this micro fiasco.

who the hell walks around climbing areas with a camera and snaps close-ups of strangers? and then posts them on an internet forum? sounds to me about one step away from upskirt photography.

that happens at the collums all the time. I had someone i didn't know sit at the top of the crack i was climbing (you can hike to the top) and shoot pics of me the whole way up. he ran off before i got all the way up. so i didn't get the chance to catch him and kick his ass. likely i was the subject of someones photography project. I am not saying i love it or that it's fair i am just saying shit happens. get over it. having your picture taken in public is nothing to worry your head about. each of is is likely in a billion unintended photos. now if someone is taking pictures of you in your bed room then you have something to get in a snit about. oh i have had that happen too. i called the police but they couldn't do anything about it. it was some construction worker in the building they were building across from my apartment in college. i would bet there is shit like that all over the inter web coming out of city's like new york... where there is no personal space and you can't take a picture on the street with out getting strangers in the shot.... i am just saying.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that happens at the collums all the time. I had someone i didn't know sit at the top of the crack i was climbing (you can hike to the top) and shoot pics of me the whole way up.

nice to know there are weirdos around all the time. :noway:

everywhere. all the time and as a woman that is something i never ever for a moment forget. besides my mom taught me that you never do anything in public you don't want on the front page of the paper... fortunately there isn't a lot i would freak out about ;)

Simon, that you freely describe them as "weirdos" says a little more about you than it does about them, given that both individuals are well known around here.

What it suggests is that Simon has a life and doesn't spend all day every day reading cc.com to get all of the backstory on every character.

I cannot believe this has gotten all of you into such a tizzy...that girl is merely enjoying the sunshine and getting ready to climb when a stranger snapped her photo. Bottom line, give women climbers some respect. Let's keep the sexual fantasies to ourselves and keep it about climbing...

Let's keep the sexual fantasies to ourselves and keep it about climbing...

there was no fantasy - tvash likes to take pictures - no one was drooling over chick - the fact that she was the most attractive of the dozen bulbous bastards lounging around the crag REALLY ain't saying much either

wierd = good - without some characters to liven up the joint the whole state is like a mormon tabernacle choir circle jerk w/ the last one to come having to buy the malteds afterwards :P

now, for serious conversation - when the fuck is the portashitter at vantage getting dumped? the next link someone tries to drop there ain't gonna go nowhere... :puke:

muffy,

perhaps it was more than just the photo being posted. it probably seemed harmless enough at the time it was taken.

it was the ensuing lewd comments maybe?

yeah the lewd comments, the request to take it down; pretty simple really, i thought.

jeez, i won't post pics of friends without letting them know, or asking first. but that's me.

personally, the photo should have been removed. Neither party wanted it "published" on the web and it was NOT anonymous.

The guy was right to ask to remove the photo...he didn't post it...

has nothing to do with 1st amendment rights. This is a privately owned site and therefore not subject to constitutional stuff...

also, the arguement could be mad that its analoguous, imo non lawyer mind, to asking for a model release if you are going to publish someones image on a site that would be governed by 1st amendment...

and, if it is legal, its just shitty if the guy asked you to pull it down to not. Personally, Trash, i'm glad you removed the photo if it was you...if it was not you but a mod, well, you're a fuck bag then...

bob, why don't you post up some images of YOUR wife and then sit back and not go ballistic.

THe counter to this is the guy who posted the image of his fiance the other day FULLY had all of the shit flung at him by sexchoco coming...

first of all my wife would most certainly say something if she did not want her picture taken. secondly she would not ask me to deal with this situation. and third of all- she has more common sense then to behave like a dumb-ass hippie and do yoga in a middle of a crowded crag.

did your fucking balls shrunk with old age Rudy? life is life and one has to learn to deal with it!

this is true bob, but i tell you what...there are a lot of people not as direct as you and wouldn't say anything because they are nonconfrontational...there are a lot of other people that also wouldn't say anything but just walk over and kick the living shit out of you...so you just keep on keeping on...you will be bound to run into the other type sooner or later...

Anytimeyou wanna check my balls you know how to get a hold of me...

hippies are funny...