[TR] Elbow Lake - 2/17/2008

cheamclimber

Trip: Elbow Lake -

Date: 2/17/2008

Trip Report:

For the first rock climbing trip of 2008 me and my Dad went to Elbow Lake up the chehalis main FSR. We left after church and arrived at 2:00, we overestimated our abilities to climb after taking the last couple months off and tried a fun looking route up a face and over a couple roofs. It started off pretty easily, had a couple of thin moves pulling over and overhang ( 5.10 a/b) and some 5.10c moves to the bottom of a small roof. The roof had good holds but was a bit strenous (and fun) but after that the next 20ft to the top became very thin and overhung so I eventually backed off. My Dad climbed to the same piont on TR with a couple rests and a fall or two but he did great! I then rapped into the taop of my 5.12 project and I set up a pre-made anchor at the top for the next time I lead it, after rapping down my project it was time to go home but overall it was a lot of fun and a good start to 2008.

S6300121.jpg

approach still snow covered

S6300124.jpg

S6300131.jpg

The route from the base

S6300132.jpg

S6300135.jpg

S6300139.jpg

S6300140.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, if you look at the pic of me rapping off the overhang you can see the crux is getting to the ledge at my feet. You have to pinch the undercling (really strenous) then grab bad holds to get to the ledge