Funny TV Shows

sexual_chocolate

Hey i've been watching The Office on dvd, all the way from the first episodes to now, and man, it's really funny at times. carrell is brilliant, the writing's pretty damn clever, and dwight!

so i'm almost done, and wondering if there are other tv shows that are worth checking out. we rarely watch tv, so i don't get any exposure to what's happening out there, so recommendations, old and new, are appreciated.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey i've been watching The Office on dvd, all the way from the first episodes to now, and man, it's really funny at times. carrell is brilliant, the writing's pretty damn clever, and dwight!

so i'm almost done, and wondering if there are other tv shows that are worth checking out. we rarely watch tv, so i don't get any exposure to what's happening out there, so recommendations, old and new, are appreciated.

I enjoyed the British version of the Office more, but then I've only seen a few of the American version and found it quite funny too. Its wierd seeing one if you're used to the other, I'm sure, like another dimension, another dimension, another dimension.

The Office is great.

Not a comedy, but a very clever and entertaining show is Keen Eddy. It didn't last long on TV, but I bought my hubby the DVD set for his birthday. The show is about an American police detective working in London who winds up sharing a flat with a young Sienna Miller.

american version of the office is WAY funnier than the british version.

but there are some funny older british shows, like Black Adder.

I remember a funny australian show called "breaking news," same kind of humor as the office. not sure where you'd be able to find that one though.

you're entitled to your opinion, even though it is incorrect.

it was pretty cheesy to see every mannerism and nuance duplicated by the american show. i'm not saying the american show isn't funny...its great, but the original was funnier to me. beyond where the american version is not just an absolute carbon copy (with different actors) of the british version I can't comment on, perhaps it is funnier at that point. i just enjoyed the british actor better (Gervias), and i'm sure most of that schtick in developement of the character that american character (carrell) uses.

Hogans Heroes............. Sgt Schultz Rocks !

Gilligans Island.......... Ginger in Black & White / Mary Ann in Color

Burns & Allen.............Classic

Brady Bunch...............good 70's flash back's I had those pants !

Bewitched................. Larry Tate's Lines