to the christians

lI1|1!

Umm, Seahawks, much of the New Testament was written generations after Jesus' death. Revelations I think was 400 years later. Think about that for a minute, and try again.

Wrong, please don't spread your lies.

In the article When were the gospels written and by whom?, I demonstrated that Matthew, Mark, and Luke were all written before 70 A.D. Basically, the book of Acts was written by Luke. But Luke fails to mention the destruction of Jerusalem in 79. A.D., nor does he mention the deaths of James (A.D. 62), Paul (A.D. 64), and Peter (A.D. 65). Since Acts is a historical document dealing with the church, we would naturally expect such important events to be recorded if Acts was written after the fact. Since Acts 1:1-2 mentions that it is the second writing of Luke, the gospel of Luke was written even earlier. Also, Jesus prophesied the destruction of the temple in the gospels: "As for these things which you are looking at, the days will come in which there will not be left one stone upon another which will not be torn down," (Luke 21:5, see also Matt. 24:1; Mark 13:1). Undoubtedly, if Matthew, Mark, and Luke were written after the destruction of the Temple, they would have included the fulfillment of Christ's prophecy in them. Since they don't, it is very strong indication that they were written before 70 A.D.

Horseshit.

First of all, it reads like you wrote the article. Once again you fail to credit your sources. Nevertheless...moving on...I'm not a scholar of scripture but I'm pretty damn sure Revelations is MUCH MUCH later. And the entire above paragraph is all clearly based on 23rd hand speculation passed down for 2000 years. And in any event it's a case for 3 gospels. What about all the others...?

I love the prophecy of the Temple's destruction. Who would have thunk it? How many buildings from AD 00 remain standing today?

I predict that this moldy log cabin I saw in the woods near Buckley will one day be replaced by a SuperWalmart!

YOu say your not a scholar but your willing to say they were written hundred years after Christ death. Well if your not a scholar then don't say horse shit. You say something you know nothing about. Even non christian scholars of the testiments give these dates or close.

Do you want me to compile the huge list of prophecy that Jesus fufilled from the Old testiment?? Written by diffeernt people in different times.

You choice not to beleive that fine. Someday we will find out who right. Thats your choice.

Edited by Seahawks

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seahwaks...quit beatin' off...god says you'll go blind and its just WRONG....its in the bible..

Hey if you don't want to believe that fine. No biggie.

If Seagal wants to make stupid statements of when the bible was written as an example of why it horseshit and his dates are totaly just made up crap taken out of the air, I'll debate.

He was just making shit up to satisfy himself.

Do you want me to compile the huge list of prophecy that Jesus fufilled from the Old testiment?? Written by diffeernt people in different times.

Yes. I want a complete list on my desk by 9 AM tomorrow!

If it was written down 2000 years ago, that's all the proof I need! :wave:

I guess we need to be like Hitler and Iran leader becuase I guess all history book are shit becuase they were written previously and that the only real thing that exist is now the present. Anyone have a fire so I can burn some books. Wow you need a brain yourself.

I guess we need to be like Hitler and Iran leader becuase I guess all history book are shit becuase they were written previously and that the only real thing that exist is now the present. Anyone have a fire so I can burn some books. Wow you need a brain yourself.

Moses climbed Mt. Sinai. It's just a walkup but that's cool. How about you?

seahwaks...quit beatin' off...god says you'll go blind and its just WRONG....its in the bible..

If Seagal wants to make stupid statements of when the bible was written as an example of why it horseshit and his dates are totaly just made up crap taken out of the air, I'll debate.

Okay wiseguy. My dates may well be wrong, I've never claimed they were right. You offered as proof one persons reasoned argument of what the correct ones were, which suggests that it's still being debated...oh wait, yes in fact Christians continue to debate the meaning, timing and interpretation of scripture to this day, with no hope of a solution. Mental masturbation ad nauseum.

But assuming your dates are correct- it doesn't dilute the original question. A bunch of superstitious men 2000 years ago claimed they were told by angels and God to write it all down. If someone does that today, do you believe them Seahawks?

If...oh, fuck it.

Yes. I want a complete list on my desk by 9 AM tomorrow!

If it was written down 2000 years ago, that's all the proof I need! :wave:

Amazing, the first correct statement you've made.

No, actually, the history books are ALL CORRECT? Didn't you get the memo? There is no bias, no inaccuracies in history books. I believe everything I read. Why ask questions- curiousity killed the cat, after all.

Okay wiseguy. My dates may well be wrong, I've never claimed they were right. You offered as proof one persons reasoned argument of what the correct ones were, which suggests that it's still being debated...oh wait, yes in fact Christians continue to debate the meaning, timing and interpretation of scripture to this day, with no hope of a solution. Mental masturbation ad nauseum.

But assuming your dates are correct- it doesn't dilute the original question. A bunch of superstitious men 2000 years ago claimed they were told by angels and God to write it all down. If someone does that today, do you believe them Seahawks?

If...oh, fuck it.

Seagal you don't want to believe it fine. But I be willing to bet a million dollars just like the dates you pulled out of the air that you've really never looked into it. Your skeptical good, I think that personally is smart. One of the persons you refer to is Paul. Paul was like you, he hated Christians. He killed them werever he could find them. Paul was a very zealous person. Problem was he got lucky for some reason and Jesus appeared to him and told him basically to get his act together.

The christian at the time didn't accept him right away becuase they beleived he was just trying to get in the inside to kill them all.

This Paul who killed Christians, Then died for his faith.

You think this is crap, well read about it and put some thought into it. Don't just rush to an opinion becuase at some previous time you a christian pissed you off or felt judged.

Edited by Seahawks

I wish somebody would just tell me which version of the bible is the word of god.

And which bible.

And which god.

It's very confusing, because they all claim to be the only one.

So, which hell will I end up in? I dunno, I think I'll just worry about the world that I know exists -- the one that I can see.

But somehow I think, if there was a god, he would understand.

We will all burn in hell.

“The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist”

The greatest trick the republicans ever pulled was convincing poor people (folks who make LESS than $100,000) that what is good for them is good for you.

this is a flash thought i had this morning (i'm slow). it's so obvious i'm sure someone else has said it before but i thought i should post it here so we can have our own flame war if necessary.

to the christians:

you know how you think it's crazy muslims deny women rights by making them wear veils, not letting them drive, and in general treating them like second class citizens? that's how i feel about your attempts to make abortion illegal.

First, most Christians do not like my stand but most Jews did not like Jesus so take it all with a grain of salt.

Abortion should be addressed through education and support of birth control. This would have to be coupled with reforms in Public health care and welfare. Huge issue. Not simplistic. Do I think abortions are OK? No. Do I think they should be illegal? Some of them. From here it gets really sticky but I have a really freaking HUGE issue with people who use it repeatedly as birth control just like I have a really freaking HUGE issue with people who think they can tell a raped woman she has to carry to term.

you know how you think it's crazy muslims punish the victims of rape or punish women who sit in the company of men they are not related to? that's how i feel about your opposition to gay marriage.

Gays are mostly that way due to genetics. The church is behind the times scientifically but they will adapt. Anything that changes rapidly, cannot withstand the erosion of time. We are in a particularly fast changing period and the old ways seem too slow to change. They will.

you know how you think it's crazy muslims wage a holy war against all infidels and think isreal should be wiped off the map? that's how i feel about your attempts to teach intelligent design or creationism in schools.

The church is behind the times scientifically but they will adapt. Anything that changes rapidly, cannot withstand the erosion of time. We are in a particularly fast changing period and the old ways seem too slow to change. They will.

you know how you think there are probably a lot of muslims who just see islam as a source of personal inspiration and don't advocate violence or terrorism? that's how i feel about christians who don't feel the need to impose their beliefs on others.

thanks and have a great day.

Cheers.

I like your post.

hey bug/ant/whatever...

no one really has multiple abortions...using it repeatedly as birth control...are you fucking high??

Actually, I know a woman who had 7 abortions with the same man in a five year period.

You live in a wonderful little bubble don't you?

i'd be willing to bet that is wwwaaaaaaaaay more the exception than the rule...why doesn't she just get her tubes tied...

And on the other hand your world's all dreamy cuz you are proposing that she shoulda been a parent?? :lmao: dumbass...

More like he should get his tubes tied. It's cheaper, easier, quicker, and has a better chance of being reversed than a tubal ligation. Reproduction is not solely the woman's responsibility.