Mt Rainier Partners Wanted Feb 20-March 10

snowball

Hi Folks

Wanted to let you guys know that i will be in Seattle for 3 weeks for a ton of climbing and skiing. Staying with friends in Bellevue and Kirkland. Looking for experienced climbers for Mt Rainier when it is safe. I know the mt has been getting a lot of snow right now so it will be some time for a window(s), but i will be around for just such a window.

Ive climbed rainier 6 times (4 summits via 3 different routes) and feel comfortable on the mt. Safety is very high on my priority list and i keep an eye on my partners as much as on myself. Crevasse rescue, avy rescue, good navigation are some of my strong suits. Been mountaineering 7 yrs or so in the sierras/cascades and have been doing outdoors stuff in the sierras since 1993. Have also climbed mt baker and shasta and lot of other peaks in the sierras. Please free to check out pics that i have posted on summitpost ( Some of my climbing pics ). To keep in cadio shape, i do a lot of trail running in mts, desert, and beach. Also do a lot of solo trips into the sierras at 14000ft in deep snow. Like rock climbing and do a lot of it in joshua tree.

In 2005 i spent 3 weeks at rainer for a similar ascent but no luck. Weather, lack or partners, or just plain bad timing kept me for topping her, but maybe this round we'll make her. On one attempt we were in a bad whiteout that started overnight and it meant a quick retreat from muir in 20ft visibility, high winds, and 18 fresh pow. We got down safe but i am fully aware of the possibilities up there. I have no problems with backing off the mountain if it does not look right.

One of my friends is a climber that wants to join me, but he may or may not be able to make it up to seattle for when a weather window looks good, in which case i would be looking for a capable partner who would be interested and is experienced already on rainier. Lemme know if that person is you. I am a really friendly guy. No ego issues here. Just a guy that likes climbing and doing it safely. My girlfriend would have have joined me on this climbing trip too, but she recently had knee surgery and cannot climb for a while. She can vouch for me being friendly and safe. I would be interested in the Gib Ledges or Gib Chute. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Cheers, David

356528.JPG

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic