WANTED: Old Wooden Ice Axe

kweb

I have seen a few on e-bay but those are going for $100+. Im looking for an old wooden ice axe, does not have to be in excellent condition. Its just going to hang on my wall. Please let me know if you have or know where I can get one for a far price. Thanx cool.gif" border="0

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid I may not be too much help, but I will relay my limited experience.

I too had the same desire. Next Adventure (Portland) was selling some old 40's Stubais I believe they were, but they were in perfect shape and so they wanted 200 something for them. I guess you don't want to pay that much and they probably don't have any left anymore.

I ended up finding mine free in a hunting outfitter's storage barn, random really.

I wonder if others out there have had any luck stumbling upon them in antique/thrift stores?

there was a photo of one in an e-bay ad last week, by a lady who wanted to know what it was... quote "could this be a piton?"... the ad title was something like "Unidentified tool" - she was wondering whether it might be some kind of specialty gardening tool... I didn't respond to the ad, but you might see if it's still there. Otherwise, keep an eye on garage sales. These often crop up in the PNW when new owners clean out previously owned basements and garages, and the new owners often don't know what they are... If you're willing to do some garage-sale and/or thrift store legwork, you can probably pick one up for a dollar or so...