So...let's hear the summer plans and goals for the

RuMR

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to get my daughter more time on the rock this year. My main goal is to get her comfortable with being lowered.

I am planning a 3 or 4 day backpacking trip with my son this spring. Any good suggestions? I was thinking of heading down to the Gila National Forest. I spent a month backpacking there when I was younger -- quite beautiful.

I'm planning on start my 13 yo nephew climbing this year, too. Gonna be a busy year!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are getting the kids (3,5,10) out for hikes most weekends. City kids love the woods so much it is wonderful to see. I am taking my 5yr old son out this summer. I am looking for places to go. Near to home would be nice. (98006) My son struggles on the rocks at Marymore in Redmond but flies up the wall at Vertical World. Suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Well this year we have gotten Simone out camping once, there are sure to be many more camping weekends. I also took her on her first safari. She was ok for the first four hours of game viewing. She was really cute, pointing out the animals, she especially liked the hippos and giraffes. I also need to finish her climbing wall, maybe this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

somehow, to me, your tool organization doesn't really stack up against a first rate competition team (team vertical world) or youth climbing programs...also, they don't hog outdoor cliffs or preach doctrine...

I love watching a mountie leader placing 8 pieces in a body length on a 5.4 taking well over an hour to lead 70 feet...

somehow, to me, your tool organization doesn't really stack up against a first rate competition team (team vertical world) or youth climbing programs...also, they don't hog outdoor cliffs or preach doctrine...

I love watching a mountie leader placing 8 pieces in a body length on a 5.4 taking well over an hour to lead 70 feet...

8 pieces in 6 feet? over 70 feet that's 90 pieces of pro. He must have a huge rack!! :/

We'll be camping and doing lots and lots of hiking. I'm hoping to get some climbing in there for them too and will probably sign them up for another climbing camp like last summer since they had fun doing that.

It'll be a different kind of summer for us though. Our kids won't be going back to their school next year. I'm going to give homeschooling a shot and doing it year round so we can have more flexibility when we take time off rather than a huge chunk in the summer. We all love to ski so having more time off in winter will be very nice.