I was at Crystal last week

sirwoofalot

I was there all week with the family.

It was Thursday afternoon about 4:00 on our last ride up the Forest Queen Express.

We were looking out the left, sort of S.E. I think, and I say a skier WAY out of bounds skiing down the summit ridge of the next peak over.

The person had to have either skinned or climbed to the summit before their decent.

It was at that moment I knew I must become a better skier.

So my question is who was it? I am sure it had to be someone on this sight

Oh, and I want to see our TR

thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That was probably Silver King. You might not see a trip report for skiing the King. It is easily accessible by hiking into the "South Backcountry" at Crystal and is regularly skied. There are a nuber of runs down all aspects and it is a quinessential experience for the advanced skier in Western Washington. Do a little search, check it out, and keep making turns.

I agree that is was Silver King. There are a couple of ways to get up there but it is fairly popular when the gate is open. I skied it before the area was open this year and we skinned up Silver Basin and took the ridge up. The coverage wasn’t that great on 11/25/07.

Here is the trail map.

http://www.skicrystal.com/_DOWNLOADS/crystalmap.pdf

That was probably Silver King. You might not see a trip report for skiing the King. It is easily accessible by hiking into the "South Backcountry" at Crystal and is regularly skied. There are a nuber of runs down all aspects and it is a quinessential experience for the advanced skier in Western Washington. Do a little search, check it out, and keep making turns.

Thanks

Right now as you go up into Silver Basin the eastern (left hand) side of the basin is out of the ski area. There are some good runs on that side. No huge vertical drop, but they are fun.

You can hike up 3-Way peak from the low point on the Silver Basin saddle. That's a fun run.