The sad f#$%ing truth

Peter_Puget

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nonsense. A lot of people prefer to work for a living rather than dumpster-dive. I imagine that there are many dedicated people on this site (and many more who aren't) who spend their precious free-time pursuing their passion when and as they can.

You are one of those people who sport climb through life, aren't you Raindawg?

not to dogpile or anything, but you guys should be nicer to ole Raindawg. we need him looking good for the museum.

we all have opinions about stuff, just none of them are as loud as dawg and pope with little to no effect. unless there are a legion of minions that i don't know about.

i actually do like hearing the climbing history that he and pope know about, i wish he contributed more of that. but perhaps we are not worthy.

Some of yall don't realize a good thing when it's smacking you in the face. I still remember my first backcountry trip to the North Cascades. I had never heard the word stoke, but when I saw white horse mtn for the first time , I was alpine hammered. Any time I'm fortuniate head back for a trip, It's just like Christmas morning all over again. Cascade nay-sayers...get in touch with your inner child.

Dawg, you sound like such a sad and bitter person yearning for those days in your youth when climbing made you feel special, it breaks my heart. I mean it, it bums me out.

Thats exactly what I was thinking! Except my heart isn't broken at all though, I could give a rats ass about that part.

Ok, Don bums me for some other undefined reason. Maybe it's his unreasonable and extreme stance on bolts.

What is this thread about?

Me.

Bill, it makes me sad because I've known the Dawg intermittently for almost 30 years, and that collapse into the stereotypical old person's rant about how the youth today just don't get it, their music sucks, their ethics are debased, and life in general has gone downhill since I was young has been repeated ad infinitum since Sophocles started to feel old. C'mon, you, me, and the Dawg are essentially peers, doesn't it make you sad when your friends retreat into that "when we were young giants stalked the earth" bullshit? I do count Don as a friendly sort, if not a bosom buddy, and I'd happily climb with him and have every confidence in his skills, and I'm sure we'd have a giddy good time on whatever we did, but it just makes me sad that he views the world from the wrong end of the telescope and everything looks so far away and alien.

Okay, now you know it, I'm actually a tender hearted individual, and I can't really laugh at someone else's sincere pain, and the Dawg's pain around climbing is quite sincere and heartfelt. He's not posing.