patagonia sale!!

sklag

for real, just got an entire r1 set, tops and bottoms for 90.00 use code n6255 for 15%off- covers shipping at least. May have other stuff for the more "stout" climbers out there. go to featured web specials for the r1 pants, and to men's sale tops for the r1 tops. unfortunately they only have Army green. :mistat: I was wanting an orange like the bright orange but alas... tis not to be. Oh, well just lettin y'all know.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I noticed a lot of subtle differences between the puke green web specials and the standard production runs in the Das and micropuff vest.

Can you elaborate on the differences?

Sure,

First the "puffball" web special is missing a waist draw string to tighten it, whereas the micropuff has one. The biggest difference is the stitching in the baffels. The micropuff has horizontal "tubes" while the puffball has more like quilted blocks. There is additional material on the shoulders of the micropuff, where you would have your pack straps.

After ordering the puffball online and going into Patagonia to compare the two side by side, I returned the $55 puffball and shelled out the extra cash for the micro-puff vest. Since the micro-suff is on sale now, snatch it up.

My step-dad got the web special Das Parka, which appeared to have less loft than to one I got a year ago. I didn't do quite the analysis with the DAS as I did the vest.

True, that may be a mis-statement to call it faux.

Still it makes me wonder why they didn't include that odd color in their production runs and cataloge if it was just like the other products. Could be they were experimenting with other suppliers or it was excess from a contract to outfit a guide service. Who knows?

The store stayed open til 8 tonight, I swung by after work. Still quite a bit to choose from, especially for base layers and they seemed to have a lot of nice softshell jackets.

Undies were half-off, who can resist that?. I grabbed a couple of them. (well, I paid for them on the way out too.)