Trade - Grivel 360 for BD or CM

Rafael_H

I have a 17 cm Grivel 360 ice screw in excellent condition, used for one day the last season, absolutely no defects, comes with that rubber carrying sleeve.

Will trade for BD Express or CM Laser of similar or shorter length and comparable condition.

I just can't stand those 360's. Won't sell (half price) because it's in almost brand new shape.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:
rafael i have been thinking of getting a 360 or two,why didnt you like them?

I personally don't like:1 - how they rack, I can't take them out nearly as fast as any other screw and I can't put too many on one racking 'biner. Unfortunaly I am not one of those super-cool dudes on pictures that climb with just 3 or 4 screws in the rubber sleeves.

2 - when starting there is less leverage to get the screw in and the crank handle sometimes flaps and is in the way.

3 - screwing in and especially out, when I have to turn really fast my hand slips out lsowing the entire process, I think the turn radius is too big. I feel there is more chance to drop the thing after unscrewing.

The funny thing is that I saw not a single non-theoretical advantage to jsutify paying even the same price as BD Express or even CM Laser. BTW, just try the Lasers, they do go in better than any other, I think the teeth are more aggressive.

The trade is still open

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: Rafael H ]