jealous?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minx, the point is "Why can't "Climbing Partners" be kept spray free?"

This would include not moving posts of climbers we don't like to spray, in a misguided dodge of responsibility.

I think you get that. You just do not have the courage to own up to it.

that forum was kept spray free. i moved the post. a new post was added to the forum that was locked so it couldn't be sprayed on.

i moved the post to spray b/c there was already several responses to it that were spray. i know you think it should've been deleted but that's a judgement call. you'll just have to take my word that i moved it instead of deleting it b/c i thought it was a hot topic and shouldn't be deleted. i didn't move it b/c of the subject matter (religion.

your earlier analogy is garbage. on hood, people DIED. on that post, some guy is looking for a partner. big difference.

i can't believe that a church let alone more than one would spend time discussing a climbing websitel. aren't there better things to do w/your time?

get over your delusion that christians are being victimized here. i don't moderate or do anything else based on religion. what you fail to understand is that in my world religion is a non-event. it doesn't cross my mind on most days. i don't consider it at all in my day to day life including moderating. the only time it riles me up is when i get preached to. i don't invite it and yet some folks insist upon sharing.

in short, get over yourself. i promise to let all moderation of you and your posts will be left to someone else.

Minx, the point is "Why can't "Climbing Partners" be kept spray free?"

This would include not moving posts of climbers we don't like to spray, in a misguided dodge of responsibility.

I think you get that. You just do not have the courage to own up to it.

that forum was kept spray free. i moved the post. a new post was added to the forum that was locked so it couldn't be sprayed on.

i moved the post to spray b/c there was already several responses to it that were spray. i know you think it should've been deleted but that's a judgement call. you'll just have to take my word that i moved it instead of deleting it b/c i thought it was a hot topic and shouldn't be deleted. i didn't move it b/c of the subject matter (religion.

your earlier analogy is garbage. on hood, people DIED. on that post, some guy is looking for a partner. big difference.

i can't believe that a church let alone more than one would spend time discussing a climbing websitel. aren't there better things to do w/your time?

get over your delusion that christians are being victimized here. i don't moderate or do anything else based on religion. what you fail to understand is that in my world religion is a non-event. it doesn't cross my mind on most days. i don't consider it at all in my day to day life including moderating. the only time it riles me up is when i get preached to. i don't invite it and yet some folks insist upon sharing.

in short, get over yourself. i promise to let all moderation of you and your posts will be left to someone else.

Leave Christianity out of it. That just happens to be the current example.

What is the difference between letting people spray on a newbie in the Partner site and moving the Newbie's post to Spray so he/she ccan be thouroughly flamed and sprayed on? It is anti-social. You hurt people by doing that. They do not want to come back to CC.COM.

That diminishes the value of this site as a climbing resource and makes it just another skankhole like spray.

BTW, Minx, I think you do a great job in general on this site. This issue just seems like a watershed to me. CC.com is a great site with a character of it's own but if it continues to be anti-social, it is doomed. That is the way of the internet. Be the best in your niche or fade into obscurity.

Last summer I met a guy from CA at Index. He was onsighting 11's and 12's like popcorn. I asked him if he had looked for partners on CC.COM and his reply was, "No. I heard that it is too full of asshole's."

Cheers.

Bug, you may have a point about a few of the newbies getting piled on too soon. unfortunately, i think the denali thread was doomed fromt he gitgo. it would've resurrected it self had i deleted it. darisius was a pretty obvious troll from the beginning imo. we generally try and keep things nicer in the non-spray forums but there's only so much that's plausible lest we lose the fun of cc.com.

opinions will differ on where that line should be. i'd prefer that this place not turn into one giant group hug.

BTW, Minx, I think you do a great job in general on this site. This issue just seems like a watershed to me. CC.com is a great site with a character of it's own but if it continues to be anti-social, it is doomed. That is the way of the internet. Be the best in your niche or fade into obscurity.

Last summer I met a guy from CA at Index. He was onsighting 11's and 12's like popcorn. I asked him if he had looked for partners on CC.COM and his reply was, "No. I heard that it is too full of asshole's."

Cheers.

bug, ya wanna borrow a couple layers of skin :ass:

I've met many great climbing partners on this site. Maybe the California dude was the asshole.

If evangelical Christians in this country would just STFU and practice their religion without trying to violate the separation of church and state by imposing it on the rest of us through the political process, everyone else would be fine with it. They don't, so they get the criticism they deserve. Do you see the Muslims, Buddhists, Jews, or any other religious sect trying to pass their "God's laws"? No. It's only these fuckwads.

They are an ant-Constitutional, and therefore anti-American fascist cult who bring whatever ridicule and opposition they seem to thrive on upon themselves by trying to make the rest of us march to their fucked up tune.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I've met many great climbing partners on this site. Maybe the California dude was the asshole.

If evangelical Christians in this country would just STFU and practice their religion without trying to violate the separation of church and state by imposing it on the rest of us through the political process, everyone else would be fine with it. They don't, so they get the criticism they deserve. Do you see the Muslims, Buddhists, Jews, or any other religious sect trying to pass their "God's laws"? No. It's only these fuckwads.

They are an ant-Constitutional, and therefore anti-American fascist cult who bring whatever ridicule and opposition they seem to thrive on upon themselves by trying to make the rest of us march to their fucked up tune. [/quote

:tup:

Edited by pink

..... Do you see the Muslims, Buddhists, Jews, or any other religious sect trying to pass their "God's laws"? No. It's only these fuckwads.

wrong again

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2004/02/14/MNGHO5165I1.DTL

Excerpt FYI

The most vocal response to Newsom's same-sex marriage move came from a group of San Francisco Muslims. About 70 Muslims from the Al-Sabeel Masjid Noor Al Islam mosque on Golden Gate Avenue assembled on the City Hall steps Friday to protest same-sex marriage.

The group approached the steps quietly, some holding signs quoting from the Koran or labeling homosexuality "inhuman."