Tired of spray in the climbing forums?

high_on_rock

Anyone tired of the meanspirited spray in the climbing forums?  

300 members have voted

1. 1. Anyone tired of the meanspirited spray in the climbing forums?

most of the jackasses on this site are fuckin posers anyway.. personally im tired of the jakasses who have to respond negitivley to everything

that's awfully negative :)

most of the people on this site work in a cubicle, ever notice the low activity at night and on the weekends? :/

Edited by pink

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no hard feeling bill but rumr is shorer than i am and i think he is adorable ;)

:lmao:

No hard feelings, besides, I hear he's better lookin too:-) I'll still climb with you anytime I'm around and you need a belay.

Rumr, I got drug out by Alan Lester to shoot for the FFA of that route.

I wussed out. Wish I hadn't as I was climbing pretty strong at the time. Great pic, looks warm too!

No hard feelings, besides, I hear he's better lookin too:-) I'll still climb with you anytime I'm around and you need a belay.

I wussed out. Wish I hadn't as I was climbing pretty strong at the time. Great pic, looks warm too!

xoxoxoxo!!! i can't wait to see you this summer :-D

most of the jackasses on this site are fuckin posers anyway.. personally im tired of the jakasses who have to respond negitivley to everything

that's awfully negative :)

most of the people on this site work in a cubicle, ever notice the low activity at night and on the weekends? :/

soooo true....here i sit in my cube...

please, please, someone put me out of my misery...quickly...

muffster...get your health squared away and come up here for some fine fine summer craggin'!!!!

We should arrange a squish trip with tons o' youngins and camping in the rainforest!

Oh, and bill, i bet you are really kicking yourself about missing the ffa on that...man, that thing is aaaaawesome...best smith route of the grade, in my very humble opinion...

muffster...get your health squared away and come up here for some fine fine summer craggin'!!!!

We should arrange a squish trip with tons o' youngins and camping in the rainforest!

Oh, and bill, i bet you are really kicking yourself about missing the ffa on that...man, that thing is aaaaawesome...best smith route of the grade, in my very humble opinion...

i am starting to feel pretty darn feisty. i am climbing one evening a week again. goin slow. building my strength back :moondance:

STFU Pink.

Your A kissing is pathetic.

when jesus christ was hanging from the cross he looked up and said,"forgive them, for they know not what to do".

btw bug, you should change your name to "nats ass".

Edited by pink

Actually, I thought about what I was getting into on this site and came up with a dungbeetle.

While I was explaining it to my 6 year old (at the time) she said, "So you're a bug?"

Either way, glad I could piss you off.

you didn't, but that's the spirit. show me some more wrath you little sinner. sin your little heart out and then drop to your knees and all will be good.

Actually, I thought about what I was getting into on this site and came up with a dungbeetle.

While I was explaining it to my 6 year old (at the time) she said, "So you're a bug?"

Either way, glad I could piss you off.

you didn't, but that's the spirit. show me some more wrath you little sinner. sin your little heart out and then drop to your knees and all will be good.

:lmao::lmao:

So I am redeemed in your eyes?

Wow. Let's let God know. Do you have that link?

FYI; search on some of my earlier posts.

You are a noob and will be assimilated.

You bet. In fact it may be number 1831 listed on page 29 on my list of regrets! :lmao: You'll have one of these long lists later. I think we all do if we live long enough:-) I wanted to live my life saying: "I will have no regrets later". I tried to focus on being a father and a provider and still wound up with a bunch of things I regret anyway. Sigh... I guess life is quite the trade off that way.

Really, I think ropes got longer and it gets done in a single long pitch now. Then we were looking at a hanging belay with the leader heading directly above the belay on the crux. As he was one of the top free climbers in the world then, that would have been his pitch and I would have been the sitting duck belayer. I had done that route on aid a couple of times by then, and Bob had once led that second pitch and almost landed on me when a piece pulled ( We owned no cams that size, Steve Byrne may have just come out with his underground/garage made TCU to avoid the Jardine patents on cams but I didn't own any). Anyway, Alan was a great climber and a real good person too, I think it was OK cause he did get do the FFA later anyway but don't have a guidebook in front of me now to be sure.

Lester and Watts use to say "No Guts, No Glory" all the time to each other:-), I think it showed in the things they were working at the time.

I'd heard that Alan Watts was not climbing anymore, but supporting his son who is some kind of competitive skateboarder. Last thing I remember reading about Lester, who had moved to Boulder to go to college, was that he was up doing the 2nd ascent or ffa of some South Face of 1/2 Dome horror show when his partner fell and got messed up so bad they called out YOSAR and the helicopters. (I probably screwed that story up)

Any how, that's a real real sweet picture Rudy!

Did someone say Granite in the sweet warm sunshine?

Phat boy on Knob Job.

I'd was hesitant to jump on this right out of the car this trip (last spring) as I remember it was greasy hard, and I'd done it with a Japanese guy I'd met that morning in camp 4, so I wasn't sure of his belay skills. Then as I climbed up, Andrew pointed out to me that the pitch went up and left, NOT up and right (like I remembered) which was a run out 10d slab (maybe they're more bolts now, and maybe they're not 1/4"ers, I don't know as I went left at the top. Then Steve Schneider showed up and pretty much did it move for move, piece by piece as I had (except, I'd paused longer and backed up the crux piece with another), and I didn't feel so rusty or so bad after doing this first route out of the car.

Bill_on_Knob_Job4_post1.jpg

Andrew Trzynka on Sacher Cracker

Andrew_leading_Sacher_Cracker_small1.jpg

As we're almost starting down some climbers came walking up to do the route. (F%$#!, we'd wanted to work on getting some booty out) But it turns out it was Werner Braun and his wife Merry. So we left the piece (not ours) and hung out and visited for @a 1/2 hour or so.

L-R = Merry, Werner, Andrew

Andrew_talking_to_Werner_and_Merry_Braun1.jpg

Finally the talkin' ended and heres Werner on Sacher:

Werner_Braun_on_Sacher_Cracker1.jpg

I think the problem comes from clicking on “past 24 hours”. You really don’t know which forum something is in.

I know I will spray before reading the forum then I end up spraying where I should not.

I mean looking at the Kumbaya Denali Mountaineering guitar thing when it was first posted, how in the world can you expect something like that to stay in one spot. It had spray, sprayed all over it.

Bill, do you keep talking on the phone for an hour after the guy you are talking to has hung up?

WAKE UP G! This is an HISTORICAL attempt at reverse spray! HOR starts talking about spray and puts it on the climbing forum, so instead of sitting here endlessly yammering, spraying and complaining I thought I'd do this instead.

You got any pics involving sunshine, ice or rock, toss them in the pile.