Tired of spray in the climbing forums?

high_on_rock

Anyone tired of the meanspirited spray in the climbing forums?  

300 members have voted

1. 1. Anyone tired of the meanspirited spray in the climbing forums?

Dude Supertaco is full of random spray.

Yeah, that place is just one big hopper, and you'll find vicious political infighting cheek by jowl with a first person account of the FFA of Astroman.

As a moderator, I'm less tightly wrapped about spray in this forum, unless you're being an asshole. I'm pretty intolerant of it in Climbing Partners, Newbies, and anyone's TR of anything. I'll occasional bunt some thread from here in the Climber's Forum down to Spray where it really wants to be anyway. Like, say, maybe a thread featuring nudie pics of your wife dangling from the lighting valence?

You're not kidding. I just commented about how something someone said in a Patners thread made me LAUGH, and it got deleted by this tightass.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not want to see all spray removed but when we get in the trend of every post, legitimate or not, becoming a battle ground for the locals, or worse yet, we simply alienate some newbie by treating them like a local we don't like, it just doesn't make sense.

I often hear people say they don't read or post here anymore because of the amount of bullshit they have to wade through to get to useful information.

The web site has bills, so I've heard, and they pay those by advertising. It helps get more money for an ad to run if you have a higher volume of posts. We drive a lot of people away.

Tony.Henly and Drasurius are two examples of people who took a lot of shit for being new. They seem to be sticking around but I know may who just didn't think it was worth it.

On the bright side, I climb with them because they don't want to post on cc.com for partners.

Some people deserve to be sprayed on no matter where they post IMO.

I do get tired of the stalking especially when the flames are totally irrelevant. If you're going to spray be creative and keep it on topic or at least in response to something posted in the thread.

I'm for light handed moderation.

I do get tired of the stalking especially when the flames are totally irrelevant. If you're going to spray be creative and keep it on topic or at least in response to something posted in the thread.

I recently took a shovel to the back of somebody's head in the Climbing Partners forum because they tried to discourage the original poster, who was looking for partners, not permission, from their project. It got to the point of ridicule, and I called bullshit on it. I assume that is what the little prick who started this thread was talking about when he named me on his little 'non-spray' survey. Otherwise, I think he was mixing up what happens in Spray from the rest of the forum, which raises the question as to exactly what his point is here, if not to diss a couple of individual members that he simply doesn't approve of....a personal issue which certainly does not belong in the Climbers forum.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Um, Bug, I'm sorry, but Drasurius or whatever her name is did not get shit for "being new." :rolleyes:

OK you are right. She's been here for a long time and has it all figured out that posting like she's in a sorority house will get her a happy response.

Get a clue.

Well put.

You're not kidding. I just commented about how something someone said in a Patners thread made me LAUGH, and it got deleted by this tightass.

Yeah, I've probably lowered everyone's quality of life by deleting your brilliant pearl of humor, laughing at tony.henley's spelling. Aren't you the guy who also made the lame snappy comeback to Jon when he pointed out that there's no spray in that forum?

For the record, it appears that tony.henley is who he says he is, and is definitely not Arc/Divot/Crampon/Icefall.

Yeah, I've probably lowered everyone's quality of life by deleting your brilliant pearl of humor, laughing at tony.henley's spelling. Aren't you the guy who also made the lame snappy comeback to Jon when he pointed out that there's no spray in that forum?

For the record, it appears that tony.henley is who he says he is, and is definitely not Arc/Divot/Crampon/Icefall.

It wasn't his spelling I was laughing at. I didn't even SAY what I was laughing at. I wouldn't bother trying to explain it to you. (Like explaining ANY joke someone doesn't get will then somehow make it funny.)

You didn't even understand my post. I just said his post made me laugh, you made an incorrect assumption about what I was laughing at, and deleted my post. Nice job.

And I did make that 'snappy comeback' on some other thread, but that had NOTHING to do with laughing at what Tony said, Herr Moderator.

dear god do we have to have this conversation EVERY WINTER??? spray leeks all over the place this time of year because we are all restless and twitcy.

caged tigers rawer a LOT!

i know some people don't like cc.com but face it for all of you who have not been around for long... cc.com is a shadow of it's former spray self. I am not saying that is terrible thing it is just the natural progression of how things change. we are a kinder gentler cc.com. and frankly thats why i don't post much any more. I want to come to a site where when i am planning to do something totally fucked up and have my head up my ass someone is willing to tell me and not say "cool that sounds like a good time"

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

It wasn't his spelling I was laughing at. I didn't even SAY what I was laughing at. I wouldn't bother trying to explain it to you. (Like explaining ANY joke someone doesn't get will then somehow make it funny.)

You didn't even understand my post. I just said his post made me laugh, you made an incorrect assumption about what I was laughing at, and deleted my post. Nice job.

And I did make that 'snappy comeback' on some other thread, but that had NOTHING to do with laughing at what Tony said, Herr Moderator.

You are only seeing the trees and not the forest.

Being mean and rude for the sake of being mean and rude, or even if some of us think it is funny, will not improve this site as a climbing resource if it turns more people away than it attrcts. I think we are well over the line of turning people away.

Muffy, yes, every winter. Just like kindergarten.

Unless I have my terminology wrong I think we’re talking about two different things here. Spray and Flaming. A lot of both happen on this forum. What does it tell you when the most threads (15,604) and the most posts (318,653) end up in Spray? It tells me a lot of folks are not here to talk climbing. It’s become incidental to the real reason they’re here. That’s not really a problem, just an observation. Spray usually ends up where it belongs and can be avoided by those that want to avoid it. But the flaming... stop flaming and start respecting members and you’ll get what you give. It doesn’t accomplish anything except a heightened level of anger. I see a lot of sharp, well written members on this forum able to get their points across without flaming, but they do it anyway. It appears cowardly. Seriously, the way some of the folks here write to others they haven’t even met is shocking. If you talked that way to a person face to face you’d likely have a conflict, so you’re either always throwing down with people or you just do it online where it’s safe. Even if these folks are giving good advice they cast doubt on themselves by presenting it like an arrogant ass. If you can’t moderate your own flames then maybe it needs to be done for you.