Worm Flows or Crescent Ridge

burglar

Hey all - Anyone have thoughts on conditions for either of these routes? I was planning on skiing WF this weekend, but given the amount of snowmobilers I hear are usually present, I was thinking maybe CR would be a little better. If I did this coming from Portland though, does this mean I have to drive SR-503 to Cougar to grab a pass, then loop back to I-5 to take SR-504 in to reach Sheep Canyon road? I havent skied or climbed this mountain before so I'm not so familiar with the roads leading in and out.

Any info on current conditions or advice would be great.

Thanks,

~burglar

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the snowmobilers arent a problem that i've noticed, except as you cross through the parking lot to get to the trail. then there are none from there up. there are avalanche warnings up right now, we'll see what conditions are going to be like this weekend though. you would have to go into cougar to get the permit.

im hoping to go up sunday evening/monday morning. let me know what the conditions are like when you get back would ya?

thanks, good luck

dave

Good to know about the snowmobilers.

Yeah, weather may prevent this trip unless we get some kind of break. Looks like Thursday should be another system moving in and hopefully cut loose a lot of it by Saturday. We'll see what NWAC says after Thursday's system moves out. Hopefully a small break will allow some skiing. That is of course, as long as the road stays open to the snow park.

Will send some info on Sat. night if we end up going.

Thanks!

~burglar

both the marble mountain and cougar snow parks are closed du to too much snow. the road is closed at the junction with 90. too much snow for the plows. we're going to try again on the 13th. hopefully it will be ok, then to hood the first week of march.

good luck next time eh