SNOW!

olyclimber

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of you, Muffy, as we made the drive through Oregon yesterday and passed Eugene. We'd spent Saturday night in Ashland and as we drove north the snow was really coming down. The roads were horrible. Accidents all around us.

The kids have a snow day. They are so happy. A week in Disneyland and now no school again today.

I was thinking of you, Muffy, as we made the drive through Oregon yesterday and passed Eugene. We'd spent Saturday night in Ashland and as we drove north the snow was really coming down. The roads were horrible. Accidents all around us.

The kids have a snow day. They are so happy. A week in Disneyland and now no school again today.

i am so glad to know you guys made it home safe!!!!!

Should provide quite the slide/collision highlight reel on the news this evening. Will Seattlites armed with camcorders document anything that tops the Portland footage from a couple of years ago? That's the real question....

zMzeiMJQrvk

TO ALL THE IDIOTS IN THEIR AWD AND 4WD VEHICLES - YOUR CAR WILL NOT GET TRACTION IN ICE. PUT CHAINS ON. MMKTHXBYE!

OR JUST SLOW THE FUCK DOWN.

13 vehicles in the ditch on I-90 saturday. EVERYONE OF THEM WAS A PICKUP OR SUV INCLUDING MULTIPLE TACOMAS

At the bottom of the hill from my house was a car with chains who slid out of control at 8 am this morning went over the curb and broke and axle.

I saw a couple of cars in ditches and about 10 clueless dumbasses spinning tires at maximum RPM on the ice.

I drove slowly with chains to a park and ride and bussed in to Seattle. It's snowing now.

All I have to say is I have a 4WD Pickup. That gets you better acceleration while driving, but all vehicles 2WD/4WD have 4 wheel breaking. A big rig gets you a little, but you still need to keep your speed down.

I think a lot of 4WD AWD owners have this vision in their head that they can do whatever they want to. :noway:

I think a lot of 4WD AWD owners have this vision in their head that they can do whatever they want to. :noway:

thats exactly what i wuz thinking as i drove around all those bitchs clogging up the road this am. Including a 4 runner too scared to move at the top of a hill blocking everyone as the road up only had folks spinning out.

Pussies.

thats exactly what i wuz thinking as i drove around all those bitchs clogging up the road this am. Including a 4 runner too scared to move at the top of a hill blocking everyone as the road up only had folks spinning out.

Pussies.

Hey i was out there driving very slowly. after the temps went up to 34 degrees. i am a scardy cat*nods*

Kids had no school yesterday. Went to Crystal. No troubles getting out of town. Foot or more of super-light dry powder (over something very hard). No lift line of course.

Sounds like I missed some excitement in SeaTown though. :D

oh yeah, edited to add mini-review of new Northway chair. Didn't give it much of a chance (just one run) but it sorta sucked. Some busybody old lady warned us away from what might've been a cool run (Paradise) and we did Spook Hill which was OK but then once you were on the Northway run it was totally sucky. Everywhere else on the damn mountain had foot-deep powder but on Northway it was relatively flat (read not steep at all) but totally carved into a ton of sharp moguls. Why are there so many annoying moguls on such a flat run? STupids. I guess those sharp bumps give you something to do, but that's putting a silver lining on it for sure. And no powder. Must be too damn popular. Maybe wait for the hype to die down. Probably other good stuff around to explore, but when there was amazing shit available everywhere else we decided to go with what we knew was gud, instead of instead of exploring and maybe getting lucky and always at some point eventually getting on that sucky Northway run again. And they don't have the bus running anymore, or at least not yesterday anyway.

Edited by Al_Pine

• 2 months later...