My ultimate dream is being unsatisfied...help!!

Darasius

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't get the mountaineering fetish. Particularly the "high altitude" version. I mean really, who enjoys carrying a big pack up a steep hill in some third world country and paying a year's salary for the privilege? It's not even climbing, more like cold hiking.

Meanwhile, I'll be in the park tomorrow pulling on another grainy Joshua Tree pile. Life's hard here in SoCal, 60 degrees and sunny, was probably even 70 when I was in San Diego today. But there are some virgin offwidth roof cracks out there with my name on em, so I guess I'll have to brave the elements.

Or we could climb this HUGE horrible shale wall by my house free solo style and see who makes it up the highest without falling.

there'll even be prizes!!!!

-if you get hit with a falling hold that the person above you ripped off you get a cc.com tshirt and a band aid.

-if you make it the highest you get Darasius for one night.

-if you die.well no prizes your dead :\

wow!

I check in and still see the same old shit here! How about someone climb something hard or something and post a TR? This place has really hit bottom over the past couple years.

Dr. Layton.

My arm is hurting really bad these days.... My medical doctor told me that it's "tennis elbow"... So now I "have" to wear a "band".... I hate that apparatus. pretty sophomoric if you ask me.

BS, I say, I trust that you, Dr. Layton can cure my elbow.

Speaking of curing, how do I make an appointment?

oh and Trash i did go to college for a while. but i quite to work full time to stay with my now ex husband while he finished college)

Muffy, I'm just an avatar, and this is on line pretend time. Until that unlikely, life-changing moment when you accept Tvash into your heart as your Personal Savior, you need not even think about justifying anything to me.

CHHAAA you better be at my personal pubclub at the end of march. we are going rollerskating if porter can find us a rink that serves beer. if you are not there i will be forever pissed and hate you til the end of time :crazy:

Sorry, my policy is to never actually meet other Sprayers in person.

I find people amusing when they insist that the interweb is "not real" thats like saying "I have never been to antartica so it must not be real" granted you have to wear 800 coats when you are there and it is a different kind of experience... not everything on the interweb is real. and it is increasinly difficult to deterimin what is real and what is not real. it is kinda like reading "historical fiction" it is both real and unreal. you have to use your best judgment to figure it out.

Muff, if I met you in person would you say the same things you say on line?

It just makes sense to me that being sooo abstracted on line from our normal existence, we will be someone (virtually) we otherwise would not have been (in face to face communication).

Flame on.

yep i am pretty much the same on line as i am in person. I am more indepth with people that i have more intamate relationships with but that doesn't change my snappy repartee. i have met quite a few people who post here. ask 'em. and in person i am cuter ;) and i still tell mikey layton that i love him and he is adorable even in person :D

plus she spells much better in real life!!

I really don't get the mountaineering fetish. Particularly the "high altitude" version. I mean really, who enjoys carrying a big pack up a steep hill in some third world country and paying a year's salary for the privilege? It's not even climbing, more like cold hiking.

Meanwhile, I'll be in the park tomorrow pulling on another grainy Joshua Tree pile. Life's hard here in SoCal, 60 degrees and sunny, was probably even 70 when I was in San Diego today. But there are some virgin offwidth roof cracks out there with my name on em, so I guess I'll have to brave the elements.

damn dude...you are livin' the dream...i will be going into my cube to do more work...

Glad some one out there is havin' a good time...

oh and Trash i did go to college for a while. but i quite to work full time to stay with my now ex husband while he finished college)

Muffy, I'm just an avatar, and this is on line pretend time. Until that unlikely, life-changing moment when you accept Tvash into your heart as your Personal Savior, you need not even think about justifying anything to me.

CHHAAA you better be at my personal pubclub at the end of march. we are going rollerskating if porter can find us a rink that serves beer. if you are not there i will be forever pissed and hate you til the end of time :crazy:

Sorry, my policy is to never actually meet other Sprayers in person.

I find people amusing when they insist that the interweb is "not real" thats like saying "I have never been to antartica so it must not be real" granted you have to wear 800 coats when you are there and it is a different kind of experience... not everything on the interweb is real. and it is increasinly difficult to deterimin what is real and what is not real. it is kinda like reading "historical fiction" it is both real and unreal. you have to use your best judgment to figure it out.

Muff, if I met you in person would you say the same things you say on line?

It just makes sense to me that being sooo abstracted on line from our normal existence, we will be someone (virtually) we otherwise would not have been (in face to face communication).

Flame on.

yep i am pretty much the same on line as i am in person. I am more indepth with people that i have more intamate relationships with but that doesn't change my snappy repartee. i have met quite a few people who post here. ask 'em. and in person i am cuter ;) and i still tell mikey layton that i love him and he is adorable even in person :D

Hey I didn't ask to get intimate. :crosseye:

Thanks for the honesty and the great posts.

I love how this is a self-perpetuating thread with no direction or purpose. It has taken a life of its own on a whole different level and dimension.

Any original purpose to it has been long lost.

Some people here do actually climb.

But it is rare.