cc.com Fundraiser -- Poker Tournament!!!

goatboy

Open invitation to cc.com community:

Trogdor and I are planning to host a ONE-night fundraiser poker tournament to benefit cc.com. We are both in North Seattle.

Here's the vision:

Schedule: One night of Texas Hold'Em on Friday 2/8.

Cost: It will cost $12 per person to enter, $4 of which will be donated to cc.com. Winners can choose to donate more of their winnings if they so choose. The rest of the money will go towards prize money for finals winners.

Either Goatboy or Trogdor will host a single night tournament in North Seattle.

Poker details: This will be no limit Texas hold'em. If you lose all your chips in the first hour, then you will be allowed to "rebuy" into the tournament (for another $12, for the same amount of chips you started with). Blinds will automatically raise incrementally every 10 hands.

Why do we do it? To have fun and raise a few bucks for the website -- and meet some climbing poker players - or poker-playing climbers.

Do you need to be an expert poker player to play? Heck no. It will be open to players of all abilities.

It will be a bring your own snacks and beverage type of affair.

Questions? Please PM me or Trogdor, or reply to this thread.

To sign up, PLEASE REPLY TO THIS THREAD.

Thanks -- we hope to see you at the fundraiser.

Edited by goatboy

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do we get to select which location we'd like to play? i mean i'm seriously picky

I don't see why not, unless 16 people sign up and they ALL want ot go to the same place....so unless space limitations are a concern, of course you can choose which place to play.

If you want to sign up to play, indicate if you prefer NW or NE Seattle, or have no preference.

THANKS!

With all the banner ads, military solicitations, etc., the site needs to hold a fundraiser?

Lizard is correct. It's really an excuse to drink and play poker. But we figured, why not deflect some of the funds towards a good cause. The site didn't ask us to fundraise, in other words. We just wanted to.

Okay, so not an overwhelming response to this idea. I've learned that this site is not cascadepokerplayers.com -- no real surprise there....

Turns out to be for the best, as the night of the 1st no longer works for Trogdor...

What we've decided to do is get together the night of the 8th (either in NE or NW) to drink beer and play poker. If anyone here wants to play that night, just let us know.

Thanks.