Banks Lake - "The Peninsula" beta request

spotly

The newish Rick La Belle guide left me confused with where the walls are in this area. He mentions Ultima Thule, Novitiate, Post Modern and Orange walls. I'm planning on boating out there for 3 or 4 days early this year and would prefer not to spend too much time searching for the routes on my list of wishes. Anyone care to point them out on this image? Thanks!

peninsula.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I "think" this:

bankscliff.JPG

Is this:

anotbanks.jpg

With a boat you will have no problem finding this cliff. I forget what name he gives it in his guide. For years we called it the Big Kahuna. I was taken there in the late '80's and the area already had a history.

Looks like Rick should've contacted you, Daryl, before he wrote his fairly recent guide. I recall seeing an 80s-era bolt when rapping in for climbs there about 5 years ago.

Tim, you can always call Rick too.

You likely know, but access to The Peninsula has changed since the book came out. On that side of the lake you can no longer drive much past the Barker Canyon boat launch, necessitating a longer hike in, but that would also be the closest place to launch a boat from. Another boat launch site would be on the eastern side of the lake near Northrup Canyon.

--Steve