looking for people to climb rainer

tony.henley

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well that would not be a winter acent no would it I will be safe and I hopefuly wont be alone god willing so dont fret but you are welcome to join me it will be fun I promise I wa planing to go this weekend (just on the MT mabye muir ) but i dont want to mess with the super high aval danger plus I am getting a new tatto but I wil go early next week when the weather is better

well that would not be a winter acent no would it I will be safe and I hopefuly wont be alone god willing so dont fret but you are welcome to join me it will be fun I promise I wa planing to go this weekend (just on the MT mabye muir ) but i dont want to mess with the super high aval danger plus I am getting a new tatto but I wil go early next week when the weather is better

by the calendar it's not winter, but the conditions will likely be very winter-like even in May.

I will summit no if ands or buts I have time lots of time and I will heed the MT but I will bend its will.

Am I the only one who think that ex-military folks make for scary climbers??? They're all hoorah to go storm the mountain but don't know a crevasse from an ass crack. Toughness and balls are great and all but they won't save you from an avalanche or a fall.

No offense Tony - I'm sure you're a great guy and thanks for your service in Iraq. But seriously, there's no reason to get yourself killed back here at home.

:brew:

What the hell... Hundreds of people climb it each year, no problem. Just be careful, and have fun. Let us know how it goes.

generally people don't do their first ascent in Winter, and, if they do, they actually know what they are getting into.

Gotta start somewhere... Give they guy some credit - he has all the gear he needs. He obviously has guts. I say go for it.

What the hell... Hundreds of people climb it each year, no problem. Just be careful, and have fun. Let us know how it goes.

generally people don't do their first ascent in Winter, and, if they do, they actually know what they are getting into.

Gotta start somewhere... Give they guy some credit - he has all the gear he needs. He obviously has guts. I say go for it.

i'd prefer not to read about another needless death on the mountain... with the accompanying news media bashing foolish climbers wasting thousands of $$$ on rescues, calls for MLUs, and a pound of flesh from responsible climbers. but, hey, that's just me.

i'd prefer not to read about another needless death on the mountain... with the accompanying news media bashing foolish climbers wasting thousands of $$$ on rescues, calls for MLUs, and a pound of flesh from responsible climbers. but, hey, that's just me.

Oh come on - even I'VE been up there. I've tried several winter ascents in the last couple of years too, but the weather never cooperated. Haven't made it in the winter yet. I'll keep trying. But I digress. Are you saying this guy can't climb? What makes you think he's guarunteed to die up there? Just because he's never been up there before, and is making his first ascent in winter? That doesn't mean certain death! The guy's a vet for god's sake! He's a big boy! He can make his own decisions, and I'm sure he will!

Oh come on - even I'VE been up there. I've tried several winter ascents in the last couple of years too, but the weather never cooperated. Haven't made it in the winter yet. I'll keep trying. But I digress.

The guy gives the appearance of being really naive. If he really knows what he's getting in to, and is prepared to hunker down for several days in a snow cave, well, hey, all the more power to him.

Oh come on - even I'VE been up there. I've tried several winter ascents in the last couple of years too, but the weather never cooperated. Haven't made it in the winter yet. I'll keep trying. But I digress.

The guy gives the appearance of being really naive. If he really knows what he's getting in to, and is prepared to hunker down for several days in a snow cave, well, hey, all the more power to him.

He says he has gear.

A cornucopia of sage advice from a guy who's barely out of the Mounties Climbing course himself. I love this site.

Choose your weather window carefully Tony and have fun.

A cornucopia of sage advice from a guy who's barely out of the Mounties Climbing course himself. I love this site.

You're no fun.

(I love this site too!)

Keep spray in spray asshole.

I took a mounties course in *2004*, not that it's your fucking business. So fuck off, loser.

Oh, and Tony, watch out for people with little to no substantial experience who seem to be more than a little willing to give you copious amounts of negative feedback regarding your plans. If you get the feeling that there's a school marm in the room, you can be assured that they don't really climb. And be sure to check the WA state avalanche forecast before you go. Have fun.

I would think even hiking up to Muir in the next week would be a bad idea. The PWL that's out there right now would cover pretty much everything above Paradise. Any snowfall right now, is bad news. Not to be a "Negative Ned" or anything, but the conditions right now dictate staying away from anything where a hoar frost layer could have developed. Stay safe and use this time to better your skills in a safe atmosphere.

well I do plan On going out sunday, monday mabye to muir mabye not we shall see as far as all of the other commets thanks I will read the book and I am not with out knowlage and I should have been more spisific I a fair ammount of knowlage base but it is all in thde rockies I am putting together a team for the weekends of mar 1,2 or 8,9 ( i know it may take longer etc but that is the date) wanna join in Ive go two already a guy like me he has been to muir alot but never the summit and and old vet you guy wanna join, chicken?