• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
tony.henley

looking for people to climb rainer

I am looking for people to climb rainer with it will be my frist time I have all of the gear I need I think would like a little help to make sure I have all of the right equip I live in milton my phone is 719-287-2045 call any time

well I didnt make the summit but I did make it to muir or close it eas 10:10 pm by the time I made it to 10100 plus feet and was tired and cold so I dug my snow cave and unpacked my sleeping bag and found that my other water bottle had some how sprung a leak and gotten my bag wet along the whole length of the zipper and baffle were soaking wet I had to use my belay jacket and all of my extra cloths and my stove at one point to stay warm but, aside from all of that I made it out with only minor frost nip on face and hands and minor frost bite on my toes no doctor visit needed so all and all it was a horbile trip but it could have been alot worse and before all of you tell me how stupid I am for going alone, in the winter etc I know.

well I didnt make the summit but I did make it to muir or close it eas 10:10 pm by the time I made it to 10100 plus feet and was tired and cold so I dug my snow cave and unpacked my sleeping bag and found that my other water bottle had some how sprung a leak and gotten my bag wet along the whole length of the zipper and baffle were soaking wet I had to use my belay jacket and all of my extra cloths and my stove at one point to stay warm but, aside from all of that I made it out with only minor frost nip on face and hands and minor frost bite on my toes no doctor visit needed so all and all it was a horbile trip but it could have been alot worse and before all of you tell me how stupid I am for going alone, in the winter etc I know.

This is the longest sentence I have ever read.

I go alone often. I also had a water bottle leak onto my bag once. Lucky for me it was a Polargusrd 3D bag.

Sounds like a good trip for refining skills.

I will be looking for someone to go with my 12 yr old daughter and I this June. She will be slow but will make it.

I have summited a few times. Feel free to PM me for info.

This is the longest sentence I have ever read.

You should read some of my son's sentences. I keep introducing him to puncuation, but it never seems to stick.