Job Opening: Program and Expedition Coordinator

Shawn_Olson

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought you might like to know that your he is a she.

Shawn Olson, Communications Coordinator

Shawn advises climbers on trip selection and preparation, works on domestic and foreign registrations, writes and compiles AAI's web-based trip reports and expedition dispatches, publishes AAI's email-newsletter, and writes and edits articles for AAI's website. She has hiked, climbed, and skied in Alaska, Colorado, Washington, and California, and has thru-hiked the Pacific Crest Trail (Mexico to Canada). Shawn's academic background is in environmental studies and English, and she is a co-author of two books: Defending Wild Washington (Mountaineers Books, 2005) and Community and Copper in a Wild Land (Wrangell Mountain Center, 2005).

Thanks for posting the position announcement Shawn!

Hey Gene. Andy is headed off towards other opportunities after a long run and many contributions. I am still alive and kicking withing the AAI hierarchy.

If anyone would like an insider's perspective into the job or the company, feel free to shoot me a PM, call AAI, or send me an email at cgentzel @ aai.cc.

Happy climbing folks.

Coley Gentzel

Gene, I'm flattered you're so curious. I'm starting a career in solar energy. www.ecotechenergy.com

To clarify, there are two positions open in AAI's office: my position as expedition coordinator/guide scheduler, and Shawn's position as communications/marketing/program coordinator. Both are great opportunities either for guides wanting to have a more normal schedule (i.e. sleep in your own bed) or for a climber interested in breaking into the exciting field of guide service administration.

Andy