A Lady's Gotta Pee

EdsPans

I have witnessed several women use the freshette on extended climbing trips like Denali. There is a female on this board from Seattle that used it the entire time on Denali. However, you have to be careful as some guys may find it funny to push you while in "mid-stream." Afterall, if you are going to pee like a guy, you are going to be treated like a guy.

I also witnessed a girl in a bar at Snowshoe Ski Resort in WV who could pee standing up while doing some adjusting and making the pee shoot straight out. She won drinks all night at the bar that evening b/c none of us guys thought she could do it. We were wrong......

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also witnessed a girl in a bar at Snowshoe Ski Resort in WV who could pee standing up while doing some adjusting and making the pee shoot straight out. She won drinks all night at the bar that evening b/c none of us guys thought she could do it. We were wrong......

I've seen a video of a gal do the same thing and it went almost 15 feet. Crazy.

• 5 months later...

Okay, it seems that it's been awhile now since anyone has posted anything on this subject. I do a lot of rock and mountaineering climbing and I have to say that the Freshette is GREAT!!!!!

I don't have to go hide all the time to do my thing; I don't have to get half naked; don't have to wait a long time for that right opportunity. My Weenis ROCKS! :moondance:

Hi EdsPans,

I for one drop the leg loops in my harness.

I have had to pee in a nalgene bottle a few times and have two pairs of mountaineering pants that have a crouch zip - works great. I used a freshette on a paddling trip and it worked out pretty well, though it can be tough if it is very windy.

• 2 weeks later...

Do your homework as there is a big difference in how they work, ease of use, and how you can use them depending on what you need them to do. There are basic funnel and then there are completly sealed and leak proof units plumbed outside of clothing or suits.

http://web.mac.com/ljjames/homepage/She-P.html

This website is to a female diver in Seattle who is now making what is considered the best unit out there. With a pee valve also installed in a dry suit it can be used underwater without suit removal and in the mountains I would think without removing a harness or clothing.

Maybe this will help. As a deep technical mixed gas wreck and cave diver these are used by ladies all of the time. Here is a whole thread on The Deco Stop on these as they are used a lot in the Technical Diving and Cave Diving world.

http://thedecostop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29095

If this link doesn;t workgo TheDecoStop.com and go to the exposure protection forum and look for the "Female Overboard Discharge Review". A ton of info.

Edited by ASmith