older kids climbing?

minx

Hey all,

there seems to be a number of you with older kids (middle schoolish age) or just older kids (Shiva) that are climbing/interested in climbing. Might be fun to get them together when the weather warms to do some climbing and roll their eyes at us ;)

no offense to the younger kids who seem to be the badasses of the board but i think my son would have more fun w/an older crew.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, my son is 15 and has spent 6 years competing in the USA Climbing circuit, altho he's a bit out of practice right now. Problem is he's never climbed (rock) outdoors and is hot to go for it. Last year he was leading 5.12 at Club Sport and summited Hood once. Are you all in the Seattle area? We live in PDX...

BB

I sound comparable to your son. I've led 12a and TR'd 12c in squamish and I've put up a 5.11 or two at the bluffs near my house. I won canadian nationals in 2003 but now I'm content to climb in the 5.11 range and dont train as hard as I used to... but I live near chilliwack so Its a couple hours for me to get to seattle