N Cascades conditions/ North Cascades Heli

crazy_t

Spent a killer day in the mountain thanks to North Cascades Heli on Sunday (1-13). Thanks to Paul Butler for a very well run show, and Seamus for impeccable flying. Check out their site; a very worthy endeavor for a special occasion, and they have heli lifts to yurts etc. that are reasonable (and no, I don't work for them, just was quite impressed).

We were too busy having fun most of the time to shoot photos while we were making runs unfortunately. There is some video, getting edited etc. and if it's worthy I'll put some up later.

We got a "Westside pickup" meaning they flew over the park to Marblemount to begin and end our day. Here are a few shots that might be of interest to anyone considering going to the North Cascades during the good weather spell coming up. Unfortunately I was on the wrong side of the chopper for the good light on Forbidden, Buckner etc. on the way back but hopefully those of you who know the area well will find the pics useful. Another note, as of Sunday there were no visible snowmobile tracks on the road since the last storm cycle.

DSC_0123.jpgDSC_0118.jpgDSC_0097.jpgDSC_0074.jpgDSC_0044.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic