Beacon Outings

JosephH

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not the right thread for this but being one of the Seattle "snobs" I'm curious if Beacon is a good destination for a moderate trad leader (5.8ish+)? I enjoy reading the posts about trips there but most of the climbs mentioned seem way beyond my abilities and sound fairly committing.

christ - the closing of beacon depresses me! today was awesome - dryer than it's been for me in months out there it seems - cold and clear and windy - nearly ran over old larry while driving out - did the whole lap in warm trangos - why does my baby have to leave me for 5 long goddamn months!?! guess its ozone time....

plenty of ice on route

christ - the closing of beacon depresses me! today was awesome - dryer than it's been for me in months out there it seems - cold and clear and windy - nearly ran over old larry while driving out - did the whole lap in warm trangos - why does my baby have to leave me for 5 long goddamn months!?! guess its ozone time....

plenty of ice on route

the closures have nearly ruined opdyke, he really started getting old after that. jim started smoking cigarettes, getting into this holy spirit bull crap and the conspiracy theory dooms day stuff got out of hand. beacon is the only crag worth climbing at in portland and has one of the best multi pitch routes in the entire northwest. sorry you have to deal with that ivan :(