Heart rate monitor recommendations

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for a new wireless heart rate monitor.

um, try your finger. they're usually wireless

The only fancy feature I want is recorded duration of exercise at target heart rate, plus the standard target heart rate alarms. Otherwise, something cheap, reliable, water resistant, and a battery which is user changeable.

Maybe your brain can record it. Your finger is cheap, reliable, somewhat water resistant, and runs on Fritos.

Good ones?

your own finger

Ones to avoid?

any finger which comes with the invitation to "Smell my finger!"

The only fancy feature I want is recorded duration of exercise at target heart rate, plus the standard target heart rate alarms. Otherwise, something cheap, reliable, water resistant, and a battery which is user changeable.

Good ones?

Ones to avoid?

Proxy for Fairweather

Why are you asking us? As someone who used to design them surely you should know more about this market than any of us!

Good ones?

Ones to avoid?

Perhaps one that will stick under your fat roll for ease of carrying??? Also, you'll need to check to see if it can pick up a pulse through 6 inches of tubby torso fat...

Wow, people are tough on you Tvash.

I know I have tried the ones with the chest monitor and hate wearing the thing. I have tried the ones that merely wear like a wrist watch and do not need the chest strap, and they had no accuracy or reliability whatsoever. My next one will have the chest strap again.

that is all the input I have, but at least it was nice and respectful which has to count for something.

Wow, people are tough on you Tvash.

I know I have tried the ones with the chest monitor and hate wearing the thing. I have tried the ones that merely wear like a wrist watch and do not need the chest strap, and they had no accuracy or reliability whatsoever. My next one will have the chest strap again.

that is all the input I have, but at least it was nice and respectful which has to count for something.

No worries. They're not people.

The wrist only HRMs are spot checks only, requiring a button press, no? Or are there models that continuously record (a feature I want) without the chest strap?

um, try your finger. they're usually wireless

Maybe your brain can record it. Your finger is cheap, reliable, somewhat water resistant, and runs on Fritos.

Good ones?

your own finger

Ones to avoid?

any finger which comes with the invitation to "Smell my finger!"

Or comes with the invitation to "Pull my finger!"