Moosejaw.com experience

Just a few words of caution regarding my recent experience with www.moosejaw.com

I ordered a new Bibler Fitzroy tent + vestibule through Moosejaw.com in mid December after seeing their advert here: http://www.spadout.com/store.php?stpr_id=725 The savings were compelling so I took a chance. Unfortunately, several weeks after placing the order and the immediate $721 charge to my credit card I was advised that the tent was "back-ordered from the vendor (i.e., Black Diamond) and would take at least 4 weeks for delivery" Staff have admittedly been very personable, but sensing I was being shafted (as in we're out of stock and will no longer honour the advertised price) I cancelled my order a few days back and have since purchased through e-OMC (I ordered it from http://www.e-omc.com/catalog/products/2528/Bibler-Fitzroy-Tent.html yesterday on-line and it was shipped today - stellar service) for a few extra dollars than the Moosejaw.com price.

With some luck I hope to see to a refund show up on my credit card relating to the cancelled Moosejaw purchase.

Caveat emptor.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd advise you to dispute the charge with your credit card company before dealing with Moosejaw any further. Once that process is started the retailer will become AMAZINGLY more attentive.

I had shitty warranty service from Moosejaw. Was a pain to contact them, then they sent the boots to the wrong address and told me to "chill".

Only bothered with them at Christmas this year because they offered free 2-day and 20% off. Only 1 of the "instock ships tomorrow" made it by Christmas :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

I've bought a few things from them recently. Most obvious was two on-line price matches which they honored on the phone and went one better which ended up me saving another $100 total beyond the price match. (Nomic @$189 ea) Still not sure how that happened. Big ticket items are usually easy enough to get a discount on by 10 to 20% from my little experience. My only bitch is the web site is slow, as is their shipping. But from your experiences I have been warned.

Going to look into another price match on Monday since shipping has been free to this point.

I've only had good experiences from these guys. Very easy to find coupons to get an 10-20% off. I've done multiple returns, exchanges, etc., nothing but good things to say. Although, I've never had to deal with backordering or price matching.

I've had a similar experience with them putting an order through, then saying they won't honor the price. Basically after 2 weeks of increasingly stern, relentless emails they finally caved and gave me the discounted price.

They were a pain in the ass and didn't seem to care that they'd confirmed the order AND charged my card. The people I talked to on the phone always seemed nice, but were either not helpful or lying through their teeth. Unless the discount is 80%+ I won't bother with them after my experience.

Actually, I felt like I was reading my own post here. I did the exact same thing above. I had to ride them and ride them. They did finally send the tent - but not the FREE ground cover they promised. It was a good deal but it took 4 months. They kept giving me runaround. They shouldn't advertise prices and shipping if they can't deliver. They have a funny attitude but it doesn't make up for not delivering products in a timely manner. I will no longer shop there.

Here is my follow up:

Guess I am the lucky one. Did a price match with EMS's web site over the phone on Monday. Order was delivered Friday.

Never paid retail at Moosejaw for anything and haven't had a problem with any of the four orders.