Social Security

kevbone

Discuss!

Please send this on to as many people as you can.

You've got to read this all the way through to the bottom.

I HEREWITH FIRMLY STATE

THAT I WILL NOT VOTE FOR ANY POLITICIAN,

REGARDLESS OF THE OTHER ISSUES,

IF HE DOES NOT SPONSOR AND SUPPORT

THE FOLLOWING LEGISLATION.

THAT INCLUDES EVERYONE STANDING FOR ELECTION IN 2008.

LET US SHOW OUR LEADERS IN WASHINGTON "PEOPLE POWER"

AND THE POWER OF THE INTERNET.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE WITH ME ON THIS

BY FORWARDING TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK.

IT DOESN'T MATTER

IF YOU ARE REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT!

KEEP IT GOING!!!!

2008 Election Issue !!

GET A BILL STARTED

TO PLACE

ALL POLITICIANS

ON SOC. SEC.

This must be an issue in 2008.

Please! Keep it going.

----------------------------------

SOCIAL SECURITY:

(T his is worth reading.

It is short and to the point.)

Perhaps we are asking

the wrong questions during election years.

Our Senators and Congresswomen

do not pay into Social Security and,

of course, they do not collect from it.

You see,

Social Security benefits were not suitable

for persons

of their rare elevation

in society.

They felt they should have

a special plan

for themselves.

So, many years ago

they voted in their own benefit plan.

In more recent years,

no congressperson has felt the need

to change it.

After all, it is a great plan.

For all practi cal purposes their plan works like this:

When they retire,

they continue to draw

the same pay until they die.

Except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments..

For example, Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives may expect to draw $7,800,000.00

(that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand Dollars),

with their wives drawing $275, 000.00 during the last years of their lives.

This is calculated on an average life span

for e ach of those two Dignitaries.

Younger Dignitaries

who retire at an early age, will receive much more during the rest of their lives.

Their cost for this excellent plan is $0.00.

NADA! ZILCH!

This little perk

they voted for themselves

is free to them.

You and I pick up the tab for this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from the General Funds.

OUR TAX DOLLARS

AT WORK !

From our own

Social Security Plan, which you and I pay

(or have paid) into,

every payday until we retire

(which amount is matched

by our employer).

We can expect to get

an average of

$1,000 per month

after retirement.

Or, in other words, we would have to collect

our average of $1,000 monthly benefits

for 68 years and one (1) month

to equal Senator Bill Bradley's benefits!

Social Security could be very good

if only one small change were made.

That change would be to:

Jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from under

the Senators and Congressmen.

Put them into the Social Security plan with the rest of us.

Then sit back.....

And see how fast

they would fix it.

If enough people receive this,

maybe a seed of awareness

will be planted

and maybe good changes will evolve.

How many people

can you send this to?

Better yet......

How many people WILL you send this to ?

healthiness and happiness,

alice l. capitano, d.c.

the pursuit of healthiness

chiropractic and wellness center

(within circle healthcare)

316 n.e. 28th avenue

portland, oregon 97232

phone: 503-230-0812

fax: 503-233-9151

www.thepursuitofhealthinesschiropractic.com

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if they are “only” doing 2-3 times better than the average employee, I want to know why? Why do they earn 6 figure salaries with perks and luxurious gifts paid for by lobbyists? Why did it take them nearly a decade to increase minimum wage when they increased their own pay 6 times in the same period?

Even if they are “only” doing 2-3 times better than the average employee, I want to know why? Why do they earn 6 figure salaries with perks and luxurious gifts paid for by lobbyists? Why did it take them nearly a decade to increase minimum wage when they increased their own pay 6 times in the same period?

because some animals are more equal than others, tovarish.

Kevbone posts provocative post - after 15 minutes and no response, he bumps it up by replying to his own post - hoping that somebody, anybody will validate him as a man with something worthwhile to say......

Kevbone posts provocative post - after 15 minutes and no response, he bumps it up by replying to his own post - hoping that somebody, anybody will validate him as a man with something worthwhile to say......

at least he didn't post that picture of Janet Jackson... yet again.

or that one of TTK in a thong.

Kevbone posts provocative post -

What does provocative mean?

after 15 minutes and no response, he bumps it up by replying to his own post - hoping that somebody, anybody will validate him as a man with something worthwhile to say......

Uh....you sound as if that was a bad thing!

But how much of this extra expense is due to an artificially inflated, profit-driven health care system, or the notion that people should be kept alive for as long as is profita-er-possible?

Not to mention that the cost of being old would be greatly reduced if children provided similar support to their parents in their old age as they received from them as youth, instead of leaving them in (or forcing them into) expensive 'independent living' (a.k.a. invisible dying) sitations.

But how much of this extra expense is due to an artificially inflated, profit-driven health care system, or the notion that people should be kept alive for as long as is profita-er-possible?

Not to mention that the cost of being old would be greatly reduced if children provided similar support to their parents in their old age as they received from them as youth, instead of leaving them in (or forcing them into) expensive 'independent living' (a.k.a. invisible dying) sitations.

Flogging people in the ICU until their last cell finally gives up has nothing to do with the healthcare systems drive for profit.

It has everything to do with the western concept of death(refusing to sign do-not-resusitate orders, choosing aggressive treatments over palliative care, family members ignoring the wishes of the pt when decision making is shifted to them)

Doctors and nurses would love to let people go in peace; the public often demands the opposite.

Just wait until genetic therapies become mainstream. You haven't seen anything yet.

Have you considered the possibility that Medicaid and Social Security were two of the more significant factors that brought about the genesis of the "Nursing Home?"

while simultaneously voting to *fucK you in the ass by not expanding Iras - leaving the limits at $2000 a year.

this would concern me more if i actually made enough a year to sock 2k away :)

none of this would be a problem if we just started w/ the "logan's run" changes i'm proposing...

renew bitches!

while simultaneously voting to *fucK you in the ass by not expanding Iras - leaving the limits at $2000 a year.

OK: taking a longer and wider view - please consider this an obligation that the gov't, and folks like Bob Dole, are going to let your children deal with and pay for.

By not encouraging those who CAN do so, in fact penalizing them if they overstuff their retirement account, they will will invariable be more of a burden on our society late in life.

Can't tell you how much, maybe we can ask our kids in a few years.

OK: taking a longer and wider view - please consider this an obligation that the gov't, and folks like Bob Dole, are going to let your children deal with and pay for.

By not encouraging those who CAN do so, in fact penalizing them if they overstuff their retirement account, they will will invariable be more of a burden on our society late in life.

Can't tell you how much, maybe we can ask our kids in a few years.

Roth IRA's have a limit of 4000 per year right now PER spouse. It's even higher if you are close to retirement.

Have you considered the possibility that Medicaid and Social Security were two of the more significant factors that brought about the genesis of the "Nursing Home?"
That's a good point, it's a form of collective support that can take the place of "taking care of your own." But are people are ineligible for Social Security and Medicaid if a relative is putting a roof over their head? (I actually would like to know.)