Mammoth beta/help Russian board/skier competitors

crazy_t

Hi guys,

Two of my friends from the Elbrus area of Russia just let me know yesterday that they are flying in to LA on the 11th, to participate in the 1st round of the Nissan freeride comp tour, which culminates in Verbier. If I had known earlier, I would have flown down and driven them myself, set up their arrangements etc. But I'm booked.

?s-

I need beta on affordable travel options from LAX (they arrive midday on the 11th) to Mammoth. Then once there, they need affordable/reasonable lodging. I don't know Mammoth at all; I've found a few things via their site but am looking for creative ways to save them $.

They are really solid people; a married couple, she's an ethnic German (Bavarian), and he's an ethnic Balkarian (traditionally living in the mountains and valleys around Elbrus). They have been Russian extreme champions numerous times, and last year in the final Verbier comp she came in 4th overall for boarders; I think he was 6th+. They are full time guides on Elbrus, guiding the peak in summer and backcountry skiing in the winter. If you were able to help them out, and had plans to travel to Elbrus, they'd definitely hook you up. I have used them for local support and as guides for the 15 trips I have made to Elbrus; they are great folks, and very reliable.

Please let me know if you know anything. I am living in Seattle so can make reservations for them with my credit card, etc. Post ideas here or on a pm, or call Tom on my cell at 206-396-2059.

Thanks in advance for any help!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic