first the croc, now sunset bowl

olyclimber

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's bullshit. :anger: First Leilani Lanes now Sunset Bowl. :tdown::tdown:

I remember back when Ballard was cool. Now things are going to hell... fancy pants restaurants on Ballard Ave... tons of new condos. The place has been on a downhill slide for a few years now things are getting worse.

Come, move to Ballard! It's hip, it's funky, it's the "in" place. You can even go bowling, oh wait your new condo is where that used to be, how about hanging out in the cool googy style Denny's, oh your brother is in that condo now. Starbuck's anyone?

Friggin tragedy of the commons.

hey, that's the price of that "high-density" urban housing. all the urbanites have to live somewhere.

Come, move to Ballard! It's hip, it's funky, it's the "in" place. You can even go bowling, oh wait your new condo is where that used to be, how about hanging out in the cool googy style Denny's, oh your brother is in that condo now. Starbuck's anyone?

Friggin tragedy of the commons.

someone told me that there was an effort to get that denny's protected by the historic landmark rule or whatever :lmao: awesome!

couldn't care less about bowling, karaoke, and pull tabs. i cringed every time no one could think of anything better to do than go to sunset bowl. replacement by condos will suck bum though.

hopefully the degenerate squatters who dump trash piles outside their rv's along 14th and the canal will be next to go. I'm all for having a place people can live for free, but it's gotta be done respectfully.

has anyone noticed the replacement of ye olde scandinavian shoppe on market (near wafed) with that flipping 'free trade' establishment hocking their fudge and cheesy trinkets.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tv/338963_needle09.html

"The city has lost its oddball manner and its regional distinction, he said, in ways that have muted much of "Live's" local flavor. Former "Live" cast member Nancy Guppy agreed.

"I don't know if it could exist now," she said.

Everything is becoming more homogeneous, with condos stacked on Subways, luxury markets, Pottery Barns. Said Guppy: "I'm not sure who cares about the local thing -- the Seattle thing."

Or as Keister put it: "Ballard was old Scandinavians. Fremont was hippies. Capitol Hill was gay. Kent was where whites of modest means moved to escape Seattle school busing. Bellevue was the same for the rich.

"Today, you can make a joke about Ballard but it's a bunch of wealthy people who work in the information industry. You make a joke about Wallingford and it's a bunch of wealthy people who work in the information industry. Fremont? That would be a bunch of wealthy people who work in the information industry.

"And Belltown is a bunch of wealthy people who live in luxury condos ... who work in the information industry."